chapter 12

Chaeyoung's POV

I'm currently following Jisoo to a place that far from the house. When she asked for a talk, I didn't know why I agreed and stop Lisa from complaining.

As we go further, I felt the familiarities in this place. I can't help but to feel my heart beating so hard looking around at this place. The place where everything had started between us.

Jisoo stop on her track so I did too. "What do you want to talk about?" I simply asked not to let her hear my nervousness.

"Remember this place? This place where I confessed my feelings for you. The first ever girl, person that I ever love. I was over the moon when you told me you feel the same way." I crease my forehead with her statement.

Why she suddenly think about the past?

"Jisoo.."

"Remember when I accompany you coming to school? I feel like a love struck girl who goes through the internet just to find a thing that can help me to make you happy."

"Why are---" she cut me off again.

"Remember when I brought you to that rooftop? It was magical. And also that one time you made a whole set of food variety for our lunch, that's the best lunch I ever had. That day when we shared our first kiss, I couldn't be any happier knowing that you kiss me even though it just a quick peck."

"Jisoo stop." She turn her body to face me and I can a lot of emotions on her face especially in her eyes.

"Why are you telling me this?" I curiously asked.

"Tell me Chaeng, how am I supposed to act that we don't know each other? How am I supposed to pretend that nothing happened between us?" I didn't reply, I can feel the pain and disappointment in her voice and it made my heart aches.

"How am I supposed to do that if half of my life is you? Doing that, forgetting about you is like forgetting the half of me." She questioned.

I swear my heart could burst out of my chest any moment. I did my best not to cry or to say something irrational to her.

"What do you want Jisoo?" I managed to form a question despite of overwhelming emotions building up inside me.

"You. I want you back Chaeyoung." As if like a flash, the surrounding become silent only thing that I can hear is my heart beating.

"W-what?" I stutter. She advance herself towards me and I don't know why I didn't step back.

"I want you back but not for now. I'll fix everything first. So please, please Chaeyoung, don't stop waiting for me. I'll make everything right." She suddenly held my face and caress it.

The familiar touch that I crave for years. The familiar feeling that I want to forget came back.

"What about Soojoo? What about her feelings?" I softly whispered enough for her to hear.

"What about your feelings Chaeng? Stop thinking about other's feelings, just focused in yours." Jisoo replied.

"Don't you care about her feelings Jisoo?" I retort.

"I do care. She's my girlfriend. She's nothing but a great girlfriend but I can't stand being with her if I know deep inside that she's not the one I'm looking for."

"Everytime I closed my eyes, your face is what I think, that every song I listen to, always reminds me of you. I don't want to be unfair to Soojoo. I don't want to continue making her my rebound. Think of me as a bad person but I want to stop hurting Soojoo."

"Please Chaeyoung, I know we both hurting ourselves, so please just wait just a little bit for me. I promise that your waiting will be worth it."

---------------------

After my last night conversation with Jisoo, I didn't answer her right away. I told her I'll think about it and she said she'll respect whatever decision I made.

I'm here packing my bag because we're about to leave the Villa. I'm not with my usual self, I haven't got enough sleep last night due of thinking about that unexpected conversation with Jisoo.

"Chaeng, can you spare me a moment?" I look up and I saw Lisa standing at my door. I smiled weakly at her and nod my head.

She closed the door and sit next to me. Jennie is done packing so she's just waiting outside together with the others.

"About last night--" I cut Lisa's off because I know she'll asked something about it.

"I'm not ready to share it Lisa." I said.

"Soojoo was there." I shot her a surprise look and observing if she's telling the truth or not but I think she's not lying.

"What? How?" I worriedly asked.

"I don't know but when you and Jisoo left, I saw Soojoo coming towards where you guys headed. I follow her and I was surprised when I saw her running away. I stop her and asked what happened." Lisa explained that made me nervous even more.

"She knows Chaeyoung. She know now who are you and what is your role in Jisoo's life. She asked me about you."

Flashback ( Lisa's POV)

I'm curious where Soojoo is going so I decided to follow her. I look around and I can't find her, no trace of her.

I walked even further and there I saw her running and I think she's crying because she's wiping her face constantly.

I run towards her and held her to make her stop. "Soojoo, what's wrong?" I asked. She look at me and I'm not wrong when I mentioned she's crying. Her eyes are bloodshot.

"Roseanne, she's Jisoo's ex. She's Jisoo's greatest love, am I right?" My expression change upon hearing her question. I look surprised but I soften when I realized what happened.

She must've seen Jisoo and Rosé and must've listen to their conversation.

"Tell me Lisa, am I right?" She asked in desperation and in pain.

"Yes. She's Jisoo's highschool girlfriend." I carefully stated. She released a bitter laugh and pull herself away from me.

"So you're dating your best friend's ex?"

"We're not dating. It's just for a show." I replied.

"Is this the reason why Jisoo act differently nowadays? I thought it's because of her work, I didn't know that she's still affected by her ex."

"Soojoo, I'm sorry." I apologise but I don't know why, I just feel like I need to apologise.

"I have to go Lisa. My mind is not okay, I'm hurt and in I'm confused and scared. I need to rest." After she said that, she walked past me and run back to the house.

I heavily sigh because of what just happened. I don't know what Jisoo and Rosé talked about but I'm sure that something will happen.

End of flashback (back to Chaeyoung's POV)

I don't know how to say or how to express my emotions right now. I feel like I'm drowning in a whirlpool of emotion that I don't know if I can survive.

"Just prepare yourself Chaeyoung. This transition, these changes that will happen soon will be tough. If Jisoo did what she feels what's right both parties, you or Soojoo will be affected."

"What should I do Lisa?" I nervously asked. Having enemy coming back here is not part of my plan. I don't want to cause trouble with other.

"I don't have exact answer but my advice, be strong and ready to face the consequence of this changes."

---------------------------------------------
A/n:

Am I the only one who feel bad about Soojoo? She's so pure but she had to experience this.

Anyways, thanks for the support, I felt overwhelmed and giddy whenever I read your non-stop comments in this story.

Keep smiling.😊😊