chapter 3

Jisoo's POV

"Ms. Kim, the clients are already in the meeting room." My secretary informed. I unplugged my phone from its charger because I forgot to charge it last night because of this proposal.

We're walking towards the meeting room as I turn on my cellphone. Once its on, I saw numbers of missed calls from Lisa from last night until this morning.

All of a sudden, when I'm about to open the door of the meeting room, Lisa's caller ID pops up.

"Hey, Lis I can't talk right." I said as soon as I answer the call. "It's important." She sounds so desperate and eager to talk to me.

"I'm really sorry. I gotta hang up now." I hang up the phone and entered the room. I saw a man in his late 40s and a guy in his 30s.

He turn around and meet my eyes so I walked to approach him. "You must be the CEO? I'm Chairman Teddy Park and this my secretary Brandon Lewis." He stated then extended his hand. I took it and shake his hand.

It's nice to meet you Chairman Park. I'm CEO Kim Jisoo." We pulled our hands from shaking then I offered him to sit down.

"Before we start, let's wait for my niece. She's the COO of my company and she's the one who will stay here in Korea." I nod my head in response "no problem Sir, let's wait for her."

Right on time, someone came in and close the door. "I'm sorry Chairman, something happened when I'm on my way here."

My surroundings become silent for a moment upon hearing the voice of the female voice that came in. I slowly turn my head towards her direction and I felt like a bucket of ice water pour on my entire body.

For a moment, I felt that my soul left me and everything becomes blurry. All I can see is her.

"This is my niece and COO of my company, Roseanne Park." She look at me and it feels like we're staring at each other for eternity.

She's looking directly into my eyes and I feel like she's looking at my soul. "CEO Kim, are you alright? You're pale." I heard Chairman Park asked that made me turn my gaze to him.

I saw my secretary stand next to me and hold my elbow. "Are you alright Ms. Kim?" She worriedly asked.

"Let's take a break before we start Uncle. I think CEO Kim is nervous." Roseanne Park or to my knowledge, Park Chaeyoung suggest that made the Chairman agree.

I absentmindedly walked out the room without glancing at them. I rush to my office and close the door once I'm in.

I gasp for air and my hands are trembling. My heart is beating so fast that it might leave my chest.

The surrounding started to spin and my vision becomes blurry. "Ms. Kim? Are you alright?" I heard Ms. Chou asked from the door but I couldn't formulate any words.

After years, I experienced another panic attack and what coincidence that it cause by the same person.

I took deep breath multiple times, I did my best to relax myself and after a few minutes, I'm breathing normally.

I closed my eyes and lean on the door. I was sitting on the floor. "Ms. Kim?" My secretary called out.

"Just a minute Ms. Chou." I replied as I composed myself back to my senses. I stood up and fix myself before holding the doorknob.

"I shouldn't be affected. I shouldn't waver." I muttered under my breath then open the door. I saw my secretary standing not far from where am I standing.

"Let's go." I stated then started to walk. Once we reach the meeting room I took a deep breath first before entering.

"I'm sorry I had to leave like that. Shall we start?" I said by the time I entered the room. They all look at me, including her. I tried my best not to get affected by her gaze.

"It's okay. Let's start." Chairman Park said so I sat on the chair across the table then handed them the proposal and contract.

We started to discuss every term and condition of the contract, how it will profit both side and how can we make our business grow with this partnership.

I must say that it's pretty smooth, the discussion is going fine and I think this will be a success.

"This is a fine contract. I can't wait to have business with your company." Chairman Park commend that made me smile instantly.

"I assure you Sir, you won't be disappointed." I replied. We started to sign the contract and shook our hands after.

I hesitate for a moment shaking Chaeyoung rather Roseanne hand. I look at her and she's smiling at me and I feel nostalgic how that smile I want to keep many years ago.

I took her hand and I swear, I felt electricity with the contact. I shake her hand then pulled my hand immediately.

It's time for them to leave so I escorted them down the building. "Darling won't you come?" Chairman Park said in English. I do understand it because I learned how to speak the language.

"No Uncle. I have something to do. I need to find a place for us to stay." Roseanne replied.

"For you to stay darling. I'll come back in Australia tomorrow you're the one who will stay here. Anyway, I have to go." Chairman Park entered his car and his driver drove off.

The atmosphere become awkward. It just me and Chaeyoung standing in front of my building. I felt she's moving so I look at her.

I don't know what's gotten into me but I hold her wrist to stop her from going. She look at me with question in her eyes.

"Park Chaeyoung." The question in her eyes change into something soft. We're staring at each other feeling like we're the only person in this place.

"Don't you recognize me?" I firmly question.

"What are you talking about?" She replied with a question.

"Chaeyoung. Don't you recognize me?" This time, my voice raised lightly. She didn't bother, she staring at me.

"I do. I do recognize you. But will it change anything?" Her voice is nothing but blank. Her expression is serious too.

I'm about to say something when I heard someone calling me. "Jisoo." She turned her gaze to the person who called me so I did the same thing. It's Soojoo who's calling me.

I felt she removed my hand from her wrist that made me look at her. Soojoo is now standing next to me, she then noticed Chaeng's presence so she look at her.

"Hi." Soojoo greeted.

"Hello. I have to go now CEO. Kim." She bow her head and started to walk to her car. I look at her car that starting to fade from my eyes.

"Let's have lunch together." Soojoo happily said. I don't think I have strength and appetite right now. I feel so weak and tired because of what happened.

"I'm sorry Soojoo but can we schedule it the other time? I have a lot of things to do right now." I reason out. I don't want to lie but I couldn't just said that the girl she saw with me just a moment ago is linger in my head.

"Is that so? Okay. Just don't forget to text me." She kissed my cheek and bid her goodbye. I released a long sigh before going back to my office.

"Ms. Chou, cancel all my upcoming appointments today. I don't think I have strength to meet them."

"Sure Ms. Kim." I entered my office and sat on my swivel chair lean my head on the headrest and close my eyes.

"She's right, nothing will change even if she recognized me. I have Soojoo now. That's right. I should focus with my relationship with Soojoo."

-------------------------------------------------
A/n:

What do you think about this chapter?