chapter 11

Chaeyoung's POV

Everyone gathered in front of the house and we set up a long table and chairs so we can eat together. There's a barbeque place near us that we set up, the others are preparing food in the kitchen.

Since it's lunch time and we finished preparing the food, we sit on our perspective seat. I'm sitting between Lisa and Jimin, Jennie is next to Lisa and the couples are sitting together and the others just take a seat.

"Listen up people!" Nayeon stood up and raised the can of soda that she's holding. We all look at her and wait for her to continue. "Thank you all for coming, this little get together that we have is not only for our reunion but also a celebration for the come back of our long lost friend/ best friend."

Everyone look at me with a smile in their faces well except Jisoo of course. She only has a serious face and not looking at me. I shrugged it and just focused to the others since I already said to myself that I'm going to move on.

"Chaeng, welcome back and we hope that you won't leave again." Nayeon said. I smiled at them but deep inside of me, I don't think I can promise that I will stay.

"Thank you for the warm welcome guys. I really appreciate it." I said in much joy in my voice. I don't want to stress myself out so I need to just relax and have fun.

We started to eat and have a conversation. I look at our table and we run out of meat so I stood up and went to the barbeque place.

I'm busy with cooking the meat when Lisa suddenly approach me. "You okay there Chipmunk?" She asked. I smiled at her and nod my head. "Yes. Everything is fine." I replied.

"Care to share what happened this morning?" I  paused for a moment thinking the incident that happened earlier. I don't know how I managed to stay composed despite of trembling feeling inside of me.

"Nothing to share Lis." I simply replied then continue doing what I'm doing.

"Alright. I'll wait for you to tell me. Just always remember that you always have my back. I'm here for you." I smiled at Lisa genuinely and bumped her arms with my shoulder. We both share a heartfelt giggle.

I'm so thankful that I have Lisa in my life.

Would it be better she's the one I love? Would it be better if I fall for her than Jisoo?

-----------------------

It's already evening and we're done eating our dinner. I find myself sitting on a bench in the backyard as I stare at the thousands stars above.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I look at the person who just spoke and surprisingly see that it's Soojoo. She smiled at me and asked, "can I sit here?" She's referring to the vacant space next to me.

"Sure, why not." I scoot a little and she sat next to me and utter thanks. We envelop with a silent not knowing what to say next.

"I didn't know that you're Jisoo's circle of friends. Did you went to a same school?" I don't know but I do feel nervous with this conversation. I can feel my heart skip a beat but I didn't let her see me uncomfortable.

"She's my classmates back in highschool." I simply replied and thank goodness I didn't stutter.

"I always imagine what kind of students Jisoo is. She's type of person that didn't share anything about her so it's hard for me to know her better." I felt a sudden confusion with what she said but I didn't asked anything about it.

"Well she's a top student and popular among the students." I simply replied and not letting myself to reminisce the old days.

"I know that. Just like in college, Jisoo is so popular. So that's why I felt so lucky when we become friends and we become girlfriends." I only smiled at her seeing how her eyes sparkles saying those words.