Chapter 30

Thanks to all of you who has supported my story by reading, voting, commenting and following.

Chapter 30

My Love is Fire.

Lubna watched Sajal walked towards the hill where Samad had pointed to earlier. Samad waved his hand towards them and followed Sajal. Umar had taken the same direction. She glanced around her and saw all others staring at the same direction. Her eyes stopped at Kashmaala who was standing beside her. She held Kashmaala's trembling hands. She could not understand why her best friend Sajal can ignore the dark and intimidating aura of Jahans, Sikandars, Malik, Ijaaz and Amir. Even Ghani and Uzair did not seem simple. Now she felt that Kashmaala can also feel threatened in their presence. In fact, one of the reasons she avoided Sikandars were because of that. She glanced at Kashmaala and saw fear visible in her eyes. Kashmaala turned towards her and smiled composedly. She pressed Lubna's hands.

"Girls, don't be afraid.'' Heela said to them.

They smiled awkwardly in return.

She glanced at Shehroz and found him already staring at them. She was shocked by him. Just long before, he looked different―a stranger. She did not recognise that side of him. She could not link this Shehroz Sikandar to that one who she saw usually in university.

"Girls, that has nothing to do with you.'' Shehroz said with a frown. "Go ahead and enjoy. Don't let them ruin your picnic.''

"Hmm,'' Kashmaala mumbled in agreement. "Let's go. We will wait for Sajal by the lake.''

Lubna nodded her head. They walked in the opposite direction of Sajal. There were many lakes in S-Valley; however, a few of them were very famous.

They came here after tracking for more than an hour. They set out early in the morning for the picnic.

She felt the cold breeze and shivered. Although back in home autumn felt cool, here the autumn felt cold. In fact, this weather could be a prelude to winter. She thought of the snowfall in S-Valley and felt anticipation for it. She saw Kashmaala walking ahead with a fast pace. She followed her but lost her in the clusters of trees.

She stopped and looked around. She had walked far away from the others. Originally, they decided that girls and boys will enjoy the picnic separately; now after what happened Shehroz did not leave his sister's side. Kashif did not follow them. She saw Heela waving at her. She smiled back. She looked at the water in the lake.

"Hello, country bumpkin!'' a melodic feminine came behind her. Lubna turned around immediately and glanced at Aneela Ijaaz.

"Tsk, tsk, your guardian is not here. What are you going to do?'' Aneela walked towards her leisurely. She had a lazy expression on her face.

"Guardian?'' Lubna got confused.

"Sajal,'' Aneela snapped.

"She is not my guardian.'' Lubna said softly.

"Oh,'' Aneela snickered. "She has saved you, taken revenge for you and yet you do not call her a guardian.'' She tucked her a strand of her light blonde hair behind her ear. She had worn simple pure black chiffon maxi with a short dupatta hanging on her shoulder. Her feet were in beautiful simple red khussa shoes. Her lips were painted with red lipstick. Her eyes had a thin layer of kajal. There were diamond bracelet on her right wrist. The cold breeze was making her shiny hair dance in the air. She was mesmerising and looked like ready to party. That explained her strength that she could wear like that on tracking. However, at that moment she had sinister expression on her face.