Chapter thirty eight

Depuis le début

you could feel your breath hitch in your throat as his voice came from the other end of the phone.

there was shuffling on the other end and you bit down on your lip hearing his voice again, laced with concern.

"are you there? can we talk?"

pulling your phone away from your ear, you quickly pressing the hang up button.

even if you wanted to say something you couldn't because it felt like a knot was in your throat keeping you from speaking.

you struggle to swallow as you stare at his contact picture of the both of you from when you first met.

tossing your phone the the side, you turn around before pulling your covers over you.

your eyes slowly flutter closed as you try to keep your eyes from tearing up. soon you found yourself falling asleep, trying to keep his voice out of your head.

·✦▭▭▭✧◦✦◦✧▭▭▭✦ ·

you stare at yourself in the mirror as you tug on your school uniform. the bags under your eyes were obvious no matter how much you tried to cover them up with make up.

sighing, you walk out your bathroom then grab a hoodie to put on and your school bag.

heading downstairs, you start to walk past the kitchen before stopping.

your mom left early to go to work meaning that she wasn't gonna be there until later. you walk into the kitchen before looking around.

looking through the cabinets, your eyes widen as you grab the bottle of alcohol. you grab a water bottle and put both of them on the table before going to the fridge to get some punch to cover the taste up more.

you pour the both of them into the water bottle before shaking it then putting everything back so that your mom wouldn't notice.

grabbing your water bottle, you head towards the door then slip on your shoes before heading out of the house, locking the door behind you.

it was a straight walk to the subway before you got on it. after a while of waiting, you finally got off before heading towards your school.

you could feel everyone's eyes on you as faint whispers sounded through the hall. you tried to keep your head low until you felt someone wrap their arms around you.

"y/n, i've missed you!" myah looks at you as you realize who she was and hug her back.

she peppers your face in kisses before pulling away and smiling at you. "when i heard you got suspended i was shocked but when i heard it was because you got in a fight i almost flipped out."

she grinned at you as you fumbled with the end of your jacket. "from what i saw you beat the shit out of her. i wish i was there to cheer you on."

you laugh a little at the end of her sentence before smiling a little. myah frowned a little as she looked around seeing people looking and talking about you. "if y'all have something to say, say it. i have no problem beating the shit out of any of you."

she glared at them as they slowly started to look away before wandering off to their classes.

looking back at you, she grabs your hand and pulls you towards your class. "how come you didn't answer my texts or calls while you were out?"