Chapter thirty eight

"y/n!" your mom's voice echoed through the house as you put the bottle of alcohol down.

a lot of the week had already passed and it was now friday. most of the days you spent sleeping and watching tv rather than being productive.

the alcohol that your dad used to drink that was stashed in the kitchen, you had been drinking it throughout the week to try to calm your nerves since you were stuck in the house.

you groan as your mom opens the room door, her eyes immediately dropping to the bottle sitting on the floor. "y/n, how much of that have you drank?"

she walks towards you before sitting down next to you then picking up the bottle.

her eyes scanned over the bottle before she furrowed her eyebrows. "this isn't even the same bottle. i said you could drink a little not all of it. where's the other bottle?"

your gaze drops the the floor as your fingers pick at the hem of your shorts. "in the trash?"

"did you drink all of it?" she turns to face you as your eyes meet hers.

you hesitantly nod before hearing her sigh. "you know you can drink like that, especially because of your dad."

"it wasn't even a lot, the other bottle was already half empty when you caught me drinking it." you look at the bottle in her hands she stands up.

"i caught you drinking it two days ago..." she looks down at you as you rub your temple, your head hurting a little.

"don't drink any more tonight." she shifts in her footing as you look but up at her.

"what? that's not fair. what else am i supposed to do, you won't let me leave the house." you stare at her as she bites down on her lip a little.

"that's because you got suspended. the only reason i don't want you drinking anymore is because i'm worried about you."

she could feel your glare on her as you scoffed in response."i'm fine."

"no, you're not. i mean look at you, you're a mess." her voice slowly got louder as she started to get frustrated.

you look away from her then go back to laying down so that you were flat on the bed. "whatever."

closing your eyes, you wait for her to leave before hearing her slam your door.

your eyes flutter open as you peek to make sure she was actually gone.

a groan leaves your lips as you sit up and rummage around to look for the bottle before realizing she took it.

your lips press into a thin line as you cursed under your breath. laying on your side, you lean to the side before seeing your phone not to far away.

i wonder what he's doing right now
he's probably not even up
but what if he is?

you reach for your phone before scrolling through your contacts and clicking kuroo.

pressing the call button, you hear it ring a few times before going silent, the sound of a click coming from the other end.

"hello?"