Chapter twenty two

"Kuroo..." you walk around the apartment as it had been empty.

It was now Sunday and you had slept off most of your fever overnight. You had suddenly woke up when you heard thunder outside, forcing you out of your sleep.

You walk back into the room before grabbing your phone. Dialing your boyfriend's number, you groan as it goes straight to voicemail.

You sigh before exciting the call app and going on social media. Immediately, a bunch of couple pictures showed up since Valentine's day had just passed. You mentally curse yourself for getting yourself sick, it would have been nice being able to take pictures with Kuroo.

You go to his account as you see the same picture from months ago. His cheeky smile took up most of the picture as you looked stupidly at him while brushing your teeth. Although you told him to delete it, you were glad he didn't. Yes, it was embarrassing, but looking back at it, it was a memory that made happy.

You leave his account before going to your own profile. It had not too many pictures of you and maybe two or three of you and Kuroo. You weren't very popular so the difference in your likes and Kuroo's were large. He would usually get around 600 likes while you would end up with only 200 at most. the picture he had of the both of you had gotten around 800 likes.

Funny how that works. The picture had so many likes but so few comments, meanwhile his other posts were full of other girls commenting on them. You tried to ignore it as the pictures he had of you were a constant reminder that he was with you, and you only.

You sigh before turning off your phone with a small click following. Standing up, you wander into the kitchen before pulling out some food. You heat it up before sitting on the living room couch and turning on the tv. The air was cool leaving goosebumps on your skin. It was honestly kind of awkward sitting in the apartment alone.

You continue to eat while watching tv until your phone lit up. You looked at it from the corner of your eye as you saw a familiar contact. Putting your food down you bring your phone into your lap as you open the text.

You smile as you see the picture of the fake blonde, along with Noya and Tanaka in the background. The text he sent afterward had you struggling to text back as you fumbling over the small keypad.

"Hey, we miss you." was all it said.

It wasn't necessarily the text that had you happy but it was the fact that you hadn't seen them in so long. You had actually missed them without even realizing it. Ever since you got suspended you tried to keep them out of your mind and conversations as it would always piss Kuroo off.

You think of a simple text before sending your reply. "I miss you guys too, we should hang out soon."

You wait for the response for around five minutes until watching your phone light up. He simply replied with a, "I'm free whenever, just let me know when and ill come get you."

You replied with an "okay." before going back to eating your food. You had barely gotten to unpause your show as the apartment door began to open. You stare at Kuroo with a mouth full of food as he smiled.

"Hey, can you help me?" he lightly kicked the door open as you looked at the groceries he had in his hand.

Standing up, you put your food down before walking over to him. You grab a few bags and bring them inside before placing them on the counter. Kuroo does the same as he slides the bags into the counter next to you.

You look over your shoulder as Kuroo hugs you from behind, snaking his hands around your waist. He placed a kiss into your cheek as you smile at him. "Do you feel better? You don't feel hot anymore."

You turn around to face him as he takes a step back. "I feel better." you nod.

"Good, I don't want my first day back tomorrow to be without you." he nearly mumbles out the last part as you frown a little.

You quickly shake if off as you wrap your arms around his waist pulling him into a hug. "Me either... I missed seeing you during the school day."

He hugs you back as he places his hand on your lower back. Your lips press into a thin line as you hear your phone vibrate on the counter behind you. Kuroo slowly peeks at the notification before frowning. You pull away from him before grabbing your phone and going back to sit on the couch. It hadn't even been an actual text, just Teru sending a thumbs up to your response from earlier.

You turn off your phone as Kuroo sits on the couch next to you. "Who was that?" his voice comes off soft as he tries not to come off as hostile.

You shake your head as you peck his lips. "No one, just a text from one of those store sign-ups."

His lips pursue into a thin line before he turned to face you fully. You stare at him confused as a smirk firm into his face. He taps your thigh before standing up and going towards the kitchen. "Okay..."

Your face scrunches a little as you watch him start to put away groceries.

He wasn't going to ask any questions?

You had honestly thought he was gonna nag you about it but he didn't. You stand uo before going towards the kitchen and starting to help put away the groceries.

"At least when you go back tomorrow, you can get rid if those rumors about you cheating."

"Yeah."