Chapter twenty three

"I'm so tired..." you groan and rub your eyes as Kuroo clenches the steering wheel.

The both of you were on the way to school and had just finished stopping somewhere to get food. You didn't get much sleep last night as you and Kuroo stayed up watching movies for most of the night. Kuroo wasn't tired though.

"How are you tired? You feel asleep before me." He turns into the student parking lot before pulling into a parking space.

Putting the car in park, Kuroo turns off the car and gets out as you do the same. You stretch your legs and arms as Kuroo walks to your side of the car.

"I don't know." You yawn as he hands you your bookbag from the backseat.

He grabs his own before closing the car door. The both of you walk towards the school entrance as he locks his car. You heard shushed talking and whispers as the both of you walked into the school. Kuroo notices as he grabs your hand putting it in his.

"Just ignore them." He whispers as you clench his hand while nodding.

"I know."

You see Myah at the end of the hall as shoves stuff unto her locker. She notices you as her nose scrunches up into a annoyed expression. She walks up to you before grabbing your hand and pulling you out of kuroos grasp.

"Hey!" you look back at Kuroo as she drags you towards one of the empty classrooms.

"I'll see you before class starts!" he waves at you as wave back at him.

Turning to face Maya she has a worried expression on her face as she looks at you.

"Whats wrong?"

"Have you heard the rumors about Kuroo?"

"You nod your head as a frown tugs at your lips. "I have but I don't believe them."

Maya stands there for a few seconds before squeezing your hand in his. "Y/n, If he hurts you I'm gonna kill him." she pulls you into a hug as you smile.

She knew it would be no talking you out of a decision if Kuroo influenced it.

She pulls out of the hug as the both of you smile at each other. "I know you were here last week but I'm glad you're back, I've missed you."

"Me too."

The both of you groan as you hear the bell ring signaling you had 7 minutes to get to class. Maya let's go of you as you follow her out of the classroom. "I should probably go."

"I should too." you almost walk out the door until running into someone.

You slightly look up as you notice the familiar female figure.

"Y/n?" she looks down at you as you continue to stare at her.

"Akeme? what are you doing here?" you smile at her as she looks down at you.

She had gotten a bit taller since the last time you saw her. You notice she had on regular clothes and she didn't have any school items. Kuroo watched the both of you from a distance as you started the conversation.

She wore light blue ripped jeans with a light brown jacket. A pair of tan and white jordans completed the outfit as you try to recall the shoe name.

Jordan 4, Sand maybe?

You push away the thought as she answers your question. "I'm thinking about transferring." she puts her hands in her pockets as you stare her.

"Oh, maybe I can show you too your classes if you do end up going here." you smile at the thought. "Maybe we'll even have classes together!"