... he was wrong? How so?

The email, he received the other night, had been occupying his mind. He had no clue who had sent it. The sender was anonymous. Even Moonbyul's software she had created many years ago to track IP numbers failed him. He didn't know who sent it.
But he had his suspicions. Anyone on the defense team could have sent the email.

The defense attorney, Changkyun, unbuttoned his dark blazer and shot him a wink before he cross-examined the witness.
He eyed the man as he confidently strutted toward the elderly maid, leaning over the side of the stand with the white collars of his shirt over the dark blazer and with his sleeves rolled up. Part of his chest was exposed and revealed the thin and silver chain that hid underneath the clothes. He looked more like a mob boss than a professional lawyer.
Changkyun began as he always did with the witnesses, flirting shamelessly, "How are you today, Miss?" He asked with a smirk to the blushing maid, "The prosecutors seem to doubt your story. You've been the head maid for the Styles for how long again?"

"Since Jackson was five years old."

"And how often do you work at his residence?"

"I live there."

"So, it's safe to assume you know every move my client makes?"

"Objection, Your Honor." Rosé stood, "Misleading."

"It's alright, Your Honor," Changkyun grinned, "I'll rephrase. Were you at the charity event, Miss?"

"Yes. I was there."

"Did you see Chungha?"

"I did. Miss Chungha always dressed so elegantly."

Changkyun gestured out at the court but kept his small almond-shaped eyes on him, "Tell us what you heard and saw that evening."

A part of him wanted to march over to the slender yet fit attorney and punch the self-assured smirk off his face. He was less confident than he had been in previous weeks. Changkyun knew it too; showcasing it by mockingly yet discreetly dominating and overpowering him in the cross-examinations.
He was allowing the cocky defense attorney to get under his skin. And that pestering email he received didn't help.

Perhaps it was Changkyun who had sent it; to throw him off or something. Or maybe it was the other attorney, Kihyun, or the Styles themselves.

He couldn't quite figure out what was the purpose of receiving it. What was the sender's endgame? Did the individual want him to look elsewhere? Perhaps distract him long enough to lose sight of what was going on in court and ultimately lose ... could that have been the endgame?
Regardless of the desired effect, he made a mental note to find out who would send it.

Today's court session ended with a slam of Judge Yugyeom's gavel and everyone slowly exited the courtroom. He watched as Miss Jessi hugged Mr. Styles before he was escorted by the police back to his confinements.
"Let's work harder." He heard Rosé say as she collected her belongings, her voice stern as she, too, was fed up by losing the small battles.

Again, Taehyung hadn't shown up. It was the third day he actively chose not to attend their court sessions and at this point, he shared Rosé's annoyance. The team and the victory of the case needed their expert criminal attorney. It was getting to him that his best friend couldn't get his shit together to assist them.