chapter thirty five

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Jaehwa stated at Logan's back, waiting for him to say something. "Are you going to speak? or just keep looking out the window?" Logan sighs, turning to Jaehwa.

"I told you. If I tell you, you won't be able to follow through with the plan." Jaehwa scoffs, crossing her arms.

"Why not!? It's not like me knowing who my real dad is will stop me from helping the both of you." Logan walks over to her, holding her shoulders.

"Look. I see you as another sister, and I promise. I will tell you right when we leave Hera Palace the day of the plan. Let's just finish this first, ok?" Jaehwa glances up at Logan, a skeptical look on her face.

She sighs, looking down at their feet. "Fine, any news from Mrs. Sim?" Logan backs up, sitting on one of the couches.

"There's a bunch. One, Cheon Seojin exposed the fact that she was Min Seol Ah's mom." Jaehwa walked over to a couch, sprawling herself onto it.

She listened to Logan ramble about the different things that had happened, dozing off and remembering what had happened at school today.

"...Seo Jaehwa." The girl looked up from her phone, looking at the girl who had called her, not standing in uniform.

"What?" Bae Rona cleared her throat, biting her lip. It stayed silent for a bit, Rona not really saying anything.

"What!? You were the one that called me so speak first." Jaehwa threw her phone into her backpack, still staring at Rona.

"I'm sorry, for everything. I didn't mean to steal your boyfriend or anything. I didn't meant to do you any harm." Rona bows, looking straight at the floor in front of her.

Jaehwa scrunches her eyebrows, not thinking she would ever apologize. Rona sighs, lifting her head.

"I will be leaving the school. I'll make sure to never talk to Seokhoon again." Jaehwa looks around, not really believing anything she was saying.

"Why are you apologizing? Tell me the truth." Rona straightens out, swallowing the built up spit.

Rona looked both ways, relaxing when she realized no one was by them. Jaewha sighs again, waiting for Rona to say something.

"I need help." Jaewha snickers, grabbing her phone again.

"You're asking the wrong person. Why would I help someone that made me go through a breakup? hmm?" She hears Rona sigh, and sees her turn away, leaving the question unanswered.

Jaewha stands up from the bleachers grabbing her backpack. She walks in the same direction Rona had taken, wanting to see where she would go.

She stops in the middle of the hallway, seeing two figures.

"Please don't leave." The man held her wrist tightly, Rona looking down at his hand.

Rona retaliated, grabbing her arm from Seokhoon. "I can do what I want. Leave me alone." The girl walked away from Seokhoon, leaving him in the dust.

Jaewha decided to do the same, she turned on her heel, facing the direction of the stairs to the roof.

The sounds had diminished, creating a scene that she was all alone. That she had no one to turn to. That she really was left by herself.

She walked through the halls, up the multiple stairs. She opened the door to the roof tops, staring at the sky in front of her.

She walked near the edge, sitting down. Her legs hanging over the ledge. She laid down, her back resting on the concrete.

She watched as the clouds moved in one direction, the pace of them never getting faster or slower.

The noise around her slowly came back, the birds tweeting, the sound of the bell going off again. She laid there, still contemplating everything that had happened in the few months.

Someone was murdered. She really wasn't her families daughter... yet her grandfather was so set on her being the heir. What was the point? She had no connection to them, especially now that she really wasn't born from any of them.

She sat up, pulling her legs closer to her stomach, watching a bird fly in the air.

"Ugh what is wrong with me?!" She grabbed the closest thing to her, not realizing it had been a keychain Seokhoon had given to her.

She almost threw it, but the pain and realization hit her at once. She was acting like this because of men. Men that had left her in the past and left her because of their own problems.

She had no right to be selfish. The grip on the keychain got tighter, enclosing it in her fist.

"What's wrong with me?..." She really thought about it. The stares she had received from certain family members (who probably knew she wasn't an actual daughter), stares from classmates when she looked at them.

Stares from everyone. Why is it all coming back when she was alone?...

Jaewha sighed, picking herself up from the ground. She wiped the stray tears that had fell, pushing the feeling aside.

She was someone that no one should mess with. Someone high in power, even if she had no one.

She had Logan. She had Sim Su Ryeon. Some of the wealthiest people she knew. Sure, one of them was the parent to her ex, but whatever.

She'd use them to her own accord, making sure she still got what she needed in the end.

She picked her backpack off the floor, placing a smile on her face. She grabbed her phone out of her backpack, staring at it.

"Logan. If you're listening. I want to know who my dad is. Maybe i'll be able to fuck him over more now that I know who it is." She stared at the phone, wondering if it would make any beeping noise, but it didn't.

She places her phone in the pocket of her skirt, sighing.

"Seo Jaewha. You are epitome of perfection. You've had your whole life under control. No matter who or who wasn't in it. Don't let your guard down now." She placed a smile on her face, slowing becoming a smirk.

"You have everyone under your control." She walked back towards the entrance of the roof, shutting the door behind her.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

idk i just wanted to mention that i have so many ideas, and i publish books, but this is the only book that i really publish a lot in... so if you read any of my other books (i'm literally creating one rn and it's a NCT one) i can start writing more in them lol