chapter twenty nine

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

I woke up, checking my surroundings. Nothing seemed familiar, but I was comfortable. I slowly get up from the bed, shuffling my way to what looked like a living room.

Someone was standing there, sliver hair, in a suit. He was facing the window, looking out at the amazing landscaping right outside.

I cleared my throat, and the man turned around.

"ah good morning." I tilt my head to the side, not remembering who this man was.

"ah forgive me, I can speak Korean. I am Logan Lee." I smile, still confused to why I'm in this mans house.

"You're probably wondering why you're here." I nod, continuing to remain silent.

"Let me explain, just a bit." He gestures me to sit down on the couch in the living room, and I shuffle my way, sitting on the couch.

It shifts down, and I'm able to sit properly, keeping my hands in my lap.

"Min Seol Ah was murdered, she didn't die." I scoff, crossing my arms.

"Lies. She committed suicide after jumping off her apartment building. It was all over the news." I lean back into the couch, staring at Logan. He knew nothing.

"If she really did commit suicide, then why was her shoe at Hera Palace? The shoes I gave her?" I think back to the many times I walked past the statue.

I think all the way back to the night of the one year anniversary... when Seokhoon's mom ran away. The shoe. It was there.

I look back up at Logan, squinting my eyes. "How'd you know the shoe was there?" He smiles, crossing his arms.

"So you believe me now?" I shake my head, putting my hands on my knees.

"Far from, it doesn't explain how her shoe is at Hera, but her body was at boosuk village. It doesn't line up." Logan sighs, and I just remember this man basically kidnapped me.

"Hey wait, you kidnapped me. I can report you to the police." I stay calm, just in case he tries anything on me.

"I'm not doing anything bad to you. To my knowledge, your 'mom' also kidnapped you." My eyes widen, and i uncross my legs.

"What. No she didn't." I see Logan smirk, and he finally takes the shades he was wearing off.

"I know everything Jaewha. I know who your real parents are, how old they are, where they live. If you just help me find Min Seol Ah's killer, then I'll bring you to your real parents." I scoff, standing up.

"What if i don't want to meet my real parents!? They abandoned me anyways. They stopped looking for me, they stopped caring and left me in that damn household! I had to believe that I came from what? An affair!?" Logan stands up, walking over to me, he puts his hands on my shoulders, carefully assisting me to sit down again. 

"I promise to help you with anything, as long as you help me." I look at the guy standing in front of me through blurry eyes.

"How can I trust you?" He makes me stand up again, walking towards a room in the back.

"What? Are you gonna keep me in here so I don't spill all your secrets?" He shakes his head, opening the door.

It was a room full of screens and photos lining the wall.

"I've been monitoring every corner of Hera Palace, and I'm already so close to figuring it out, but I can't tell who it is. I need your help because you're closer to all of them... I also just feel bad for you.

You have to live up in that house where your mom doesn't like you, and your brother turned against you.

Your own boyfriend left you for a girl he met 2 months ago. I just feel like I could help you feel better, with taking your mind off of all of that, so? What's your decision?" I sigh, taking another look at the older guy in front of me.

"And i get to stay here? in this... hotel room?" He nods, pointing at the room I had walked out of.

"That would be your bedroom, for as long as needed. I can also bring you to pick clothes up from your house, or anything you need." I sigh again, really thinking out my decision. It's not a bad idea.

I liked SeolAh. I hate my mom. I hate living there with that witch. Me and Jumin aren't in good terms, so why not?

"Fine..." I see Logan smile, and he crosses his arms.

"Great choice, I need you to tell me everything about that night. The night of SeolAh's death." I nod, and we walk back to the living room, sitting down on the couches.

The thing is, I wasn't really sure what happened. I think back to the day of the anniversary party. What I was doing, what everyone was doing.

"Wait wait wait. How would her body end up at Bosuk if she died at Hera?" Logan sighs, sitting down on the couch in front of me.

"Easy, someone moved her. After moving her, the party continued. If my speculations are correct, one of the parents killed her." Jaewha nods, still thinking it over.

"All of our parents are pretty stupid. To my guess, the dads probably moved her. They'd be the only ones brave enough to really touch a dead body." Logan nods, sucking in a deep breath.

"But are you sure they killed her?" I think about it. The timing doesn't line up. Or the area she died in.

"I'm not sure to be honest. From my knowledge, the parents stayed in the lounge above the statue most of the night.

Also..." I bite my tongue, wondering if I should mention the fact.

"What?" I looked at him, biting the inside of my cheek.

"From what I heard... ya know the gossip... someone pushed Min Seol Ah from off of a ledge. I didn't believe it because she had died at her apartment, but now that you mention it...

The parents had blood around their faces, it wasn't really noticeable, but my mom had walked up to me with blood on her face." Logan nods, and leans back in his chair.

"So. Someone pushed her, and the adults at Hera had... what?" I sigh, playing with the end of my skirt.

"Probably just cleaned the body. But those are only my speculations so i'm not sure." Logan nods again, and stands up.

"Thank you for telling me all of that. If you want to go to Hera to pick up anything, I could bring you. Not a lot of people know I'm me, so I can pretty much walk anywhere I need to." I nod, standing up.

"That would be nice. Who knows how long I'm gonna be here." He laughs, and stands up to.

"I'll get my secretary to drive you." I nod, and he picks up his phone, calling someone.

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈