chapter nineteen

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

I walked into Mrs. Cheon's office, looking at her. She sighs seeing me.

"What do you want? and why aren't you dressed?" She places her pen down, and I walk up to here, my arms behind my back.

"Mrs. Cheon, is that anyway to treat your niece?" She scoffs, crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair.

"You're far from, what do you want?" I sigh, leaning on one of the chairs.

"I know you threatened Seokkyung, so I'm not preforming at the concert later." I smile, and I see her face drop.

"What do you mean? You know you're one of the best singers I have." I smile, looking at her.

"Should've thought about it before you placed multiple people above me on the final list." I stand up, dusting off my skirt, and looking back at her.

"Thank you for your consideration saem, have a good time at your concert." I walk out of her office, smiling. Ah I love doing what I want.

~

I sit next to one of the students, an empty space next to me for Seokkyung.

Seokkyung and Seokhoon walk on stage for their acceptance pledge thing, I have no idea what it is, but it makes them look smarter than everyone else.

"pledged March 2, 2020, Representatives of Freshmen Class, Joo Seokhoon." Seokkyung leans into the mic, making her voice sound small. "Joo Seokkyung." I sigh, clapping for the both of them.

The two walk off stage, and Seokkyung comes to sit down next to me. I smile at her, and she takes the mask she had to wear off.

"I seriously hate this school." I nod agreeing with her.

"I hate the people here." She laughs, and people around us give us a weird look. I apologize, covering my mouth.

She covers her mouth too, trying to repress her laughter.

The orchestra and band students begin to fill the stage, Jumin playing the clarinet, and Seokhoon also walking to where the piano was.

I see Jenny, Minhyuk, and other people in our class walk to the back of the stage, accompanying the solo singer, who should be Rona, which surprises me from who walks out. Ha Eunbyeol?

I turn to Seokkyung, who was fuming by the way, and she looks at me.

"Why is it Eunbyeol?" I mouth, she shrugs and we look back at the stage.

The concert had started. I space out in the middle of it, but when my uncle suddenly screams, I look up, the song was over.

I watch as the crowd stands up, applauding for the girl. A little much. I sigh, clapping because my brother did well.

"Seokkyung, clap. Seokhoon is still on that stage." Her face changes, and she starts clapping. 

I hear the parents in front of us cheering for their own kid, which was really funny seeing Minhyuk's face shift into discomfort.

The clapping stops, and the students walk off the stage, leaving Mrs. Cheon. She walks up the microphone, something in a box with a red covering being rolled up next to her.

She takes the covering off, and everyone gasps. It was the trophy. The trophy from 25 years ago. I didn't think— wait it was in her lesson room the whole time.

I sigh, realizing I hadn't paid enough attention the multiple times I was in her practice room.

She gives this big speech, and finally reveals that the big competition will start again. Crazy.

Seokkyung taps me on the shoulder, and I look at her, humming. "Come over later, we should celebrate the fact that were about to see another fight." I snort and nod, turning back to Mrs. Cheon.

~

I ride up the elevator all the way to the 100th floor. Getting out of said elevator, I almost fall seeing how high I actually was, I hated coming up here... even if it was for Seokkyung and Seokhoon.

I make my way to the front door, knocking. The maid (who i never learned the name of) opened the door, and welcomed me in.

I had just changed out of my school clothes, rocking a skirt and a sweater. I had my phone in my hand, my airpods hanging on the hook of my skirt.

The maid offers me slippers, and I thank her. I walk down the front hallway, and turn the corner to see Seokkyung, Seokhoon, and their mom walking out of their dads study room.

"Jaewha? Why are you here?" Seokhoon asks. I tense up realizing how tense the the three were.

"Seokkyung invited me earlier, but it must be a wrong time, I'll see you guys later." I walk out with poise, but Seokhoon walks over to me, stopping me.

"You told Seokkyung, right?" I nod, and he grabs my shoulders, leaning down and kissing me.

I hear both Seokkyung and their mom gasp, but I don't do anything. I'm too distracted by the fact that this man put chapstick on and I can taste it.

I suck on his lip trying to get the taste off the chapstick, which works. "yum, cherry." I lean back, looking over his shoulder to the two girls who had covered their mouths in shock.

"ah, anyways. I'll come another day. Bye Mrs. Shim. I'll text you and call you later Seokhoon, if you want to come over with Seokkyung you can."

I walk towards the front door again, slipping the slippers off and my white shoes back on.

Okay something weird has occurred in The Hera Palace Penthouse again, and knowing me, I'll simply figure it out, sooner or later, again.

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈