chapter thirty

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

I hopped out of the back of the car, fixing the school skirt I still had on. I stared up at the building, sighing. I guess I can finally get out of this hell hole.

I hear a car door behind me close, and Logan's secretary walks out. "Did you want me to come with you?" I shake my, not wanting him to have to come with me.

"Thank you though." He nods, stepping back into the car.

I fix the black cap sitting on my head. To my knowledge, no one should be home. The lady is probably at one of her meetings, and Jumin should be at lessons, or out with girls.

I walk into the building, wrapping the hoodie Logan had thrown at me earlier, over my body. I greeted the people on the lower levels, the few people passing me.

I grab my phone out of the hoodie pocket, holding it up to the elevator lock. It pings, opening the first door. I walk up to the actual elevator, scanning the back of my phone again.

The elevator door opens, and to my luck, Minhyuk walks out. He walks right by me, and I step in, totally ignoring him.

"Wait Jaewha." I ignore the fact that he called my name, pressing the numbers of the floor I lived on.

The elevator door shuts, but I could see Minhyuk peering through.

I sigh, turning around, looking at my actual phone.

I'm such an idiot. Why would I trust an adult who apparently knows everything about Min Seol Ah? For all I know he could be lying...

I turn my cracked phone back on, going to google and searching up his name. I typed each letter slowly, sorta scared to see who he actually was.

Oh. He isn't that bad. I scroll through the many news articles written about him, most being in English.

The elevator pings, stopping at my floor. I walk out, and walk towards my home. There wasn't anyone I really knew on this floor, so thankfully I won't have to interact.

I press the numbers on the keypad, the lock making a satisfying tune when it unlocked. I opened the door, shutting it behind me.

The lights in the living room were off, a simple standing lamp in the corner creating a bit of light. I walk down the hallway, and into my room. I was basically walking in the dark, but whatever.

I turn on the lamp that was sitting on my desk, the dim light making the room seem a little more happier. I walk straight to my closet, grabbing a random luggage carrier.

I grab the essentials, throwing in a random piece of clothing every now and then.

I sit up from the luggage, walking into the bathroom to grab my travel pack.

The simple toothbrush and toothpaste, and this really nice smelling lotion. Get it together Jaewha. You're basically running away.

Not surprised though. I sigh, walking back into my closet, and throwing the travel pack into the bag.

Easy. My three pairs of uniform, three pairs of clothes to sleep in, and three pairs of clothes to go out in. Who knows why I picked three of each.

I take off the uniform I was wearing, throwing it in a random corner of the closet. I grab a pair of sweatpants and a matching sweater, putting it on.

I walk back to my closet and sit on top of the cover of the carrier, trying to zip it up. When if finally closes, I stand back up, huffing.

"Why was that so hard?..." I pick the luggage up, standing it on its wheels. I push it to the living room, and run back into my room.

I grab a small bag, stuffing it with the importants. I closed the small bag, throwing the broken phone on the bed. I won't be needing it anymore. Besides, I could always get a new one.

I walk back over to my lamp, turning it off, the dimly lit room quickly turning dark.

I close the door to my room, the door knob making a nice clicking noise. I grab the handle of the carrier, and bringing it out with me, out of the messy house.

I make my way out of the house, the elevator dinging. I look up, a man walking out of the elevator.

"Ah, samchon. What are you doing here?" I try to stay calm, realizing if he had asked any questions, I would have to lie.

"I came to talk to your mother... but you have a lot on you. Do you need help?" I shake my head, denying his help.

"I'm ok, thank you." I smile at my uncle, quickly walking away.

"Wait Jaewha." I turn around, placing a small smile on my face.

"Yes?" He walks over to me, looking at my stuff.

"There's a get together for the hera palace kids later, I thought I should remind you, but from the looks of it... you're going to your dads, right?" I nod, showing him the bags.

"I get to stay with him this week, he's already downstairs." My uncle nods, and pushes me softly into the direction of the elevator.

"Okay, have fun then." I thank him, and walk to the elevator, quickly pressing the down button.

It opens, and I end up standing there for five minutes, waiting for the elevator doors to open again.

As they open, Lee Minhyuk was still standing in the same spot I had left him earlier, but he was looking down at his phone.

I quickly fix my hat, grabbing the handle of the carrier, and zooming out of the little area.

The automatic door opens, allowing me to walk out and away from Minhyuk, unfortunately.

It's ok though. He's my friend. I make my way towards the front of the hotel. Many people passed by me, either walking straight pass, or randomly greeting me.

I step out at front, looking for Logan's secretary. I spot the tall man sitting on the car we had ridden earlier.

I grab the carrier again, walking towards him, but someone grabs my wrist.

I turn around, sighing. "What do you want Jumin?" He let's go of my wrist, looking at what I was carrying.

"Where are you going?" I scoff, and grab the carrier again.

"It doesn't matter." I try walking away, but he grabs me again.

This time, I pull back my own arm, looking up at him. "Why do you care so much?! You're not my real brother!" I scream, looking Jumin straight in the eye.

"What'd you mean!? We have the same mom!" I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"No we don't. Go find out brith certificates and figure it out. Thanks for treating me all those years, but now you don't have to." I finally walk away from Jumin, the power in my lungs slowly deflating.

Logan's secretary spots me, and immediately comes to help me. He gestures for me to sit down in the car, and when he's done loading my bag, he sits down, turning the car on, and driving back to the other place I'd be staying for awhile...

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈