chapter twenty three

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

"Jumin." I hear him groan from the other side of the room. "Let's go." I grab my backpack, swinging it around my shoulder, and I hear Jumin get up from the couch. 

"I can't open my eyes!" I look over at him, seeing him rubbing his eyes. 

"Maybe if you didn't eat that midnight snack you wouldn't be so puffy." I grab our house keys and walk to the front door. 

"Yah! Don't leave me!" I hear shuffling in the living room, and Jumin appears around the corner. 

He's holding his  backpack, holding a spoon to his eye. 

"Why do you have a spoon on your eye?" He looks at me with his one, scoffing.

"Have you not heard? It calms down swelling." I roll my eyes, and sigh. 

"Hurry up. Get out of the house so I can lock the door." He hmphs, and skips outside the house. 

~

I'm swinging around the keys, listening to Jumin complain about his... problems. "The same girl approached me AGAIN. I need her to get away from me." He takes a sip from his americano, and I sigh.

"Just tell her your gay. It's impossible that she hasn't figured that out yet." I place the keys in my bag, grabbing my drink from Jumin.

I feel someone grab my waist, and I turn around. "Hey." He smiles, and Seokkyung shows up next to him.

"So are you guys just going to openly date now? or?" I shake my head, taking Seokhoon's hand off my waist. 

"Far from. I just had to explain to Minhyuk how we had gotten together last night." I take a sip from my drink, staring at the front of the building. 

I see Eunbyeol and Rona having a stand off right by the trophy case, but Eunbyeol leaves first. 

"They're so weird." The three agree with me, and we walk off to our class. 

~

"Since the midterm chorus has been decided, I will test you again to distribute the parts." The class groans, me included, and I place my head on my desk. I see Seokhoon snickering at me, and I kick him in the knee. 

"Don't complain, just get ready." The singers in the class starts warming up their voices, and Jumin turns to me. 

"Family dinner tonight." I nod, clearing my throat. 

Eunbyeol was up, and she began to sing. I could see Mr. Ma swaying to her voice. His reactions were always funny. 

As Eunbyeol finishes, the class claps their hands, and Mr. Ma starts to compliment her on all different levels. 

"Next, Bae Rona" Rona stands up and walks to the podium. As she starts to sing, the teacher cuts her off. "Cut. Cut. Cut!" Rona looks over at him, questioning him. 

"Bae Rona, you will be singing mezzo." Mr. Ma says. Rona gives him a weird look, speaking up.

"What? Why am I singing mezzo? If anyone hears my song, they can tell I sing soprano." She isn't wrong. I like her voice a lot.