"You gave her my last name?" He says softly darting his eyes at me. I half expected him to yell at me for it but instead, he looked happy. In awe almost.

Shocked the fuck out of me.

"I did it because of your mother not because of you. Don't flatter yourself."

"Can I," he says clearing his throat. "Can I see her?"

"Uhm sure I guess. I didn't think you would want to."

"I'm sorry," he said.

Sorry for what exactly because you keep saying sorry and not saying what you're sorry for.

Ignoring him I reach over to cradle her in my arms as he walks over to us. She immediately looks up at him getting lost in his blue eyes. He reaches down and touches the side of her arm causing a half smile to form on the corner of her mouth.

"She's beautiful," he said slowly not breaking his gaze on her. He reached down and softly brushed her cheek and in response, she moved to attack his finger.

 "She looks just like you," he finally said meeting my gaze with a smile on his face. He almost looked as if he was going to cry. I just look at him while nodding my head slowly. 

I start to get an overwhelming rush of emotion watching him with her. She is finally meeting her father. I feel the tears filling my eyes. I can't be here. I can't be around him. I can't pretend everything is okay, not again. He hurt me. I won't let him hurt her.

I quickly grab my phone out of my dress pocket and dial Isaiah's number. I need to get out of here as soon as possible. Jeremy looks at me confused as he watched my actions.

"Hello," he says sleepily.

"Babe, can you come to get me? Now please." I said staring at Jeremy while my voice was a little shaky.  He looked shocked at the word babe causing his jaw to tighten while he let out a huff of displeasure. Why is he mad right now? Isn't he in a relationship?

"Yea, I'll be there in 10 minutes. Are you okay?"

"Yea I just. I need to leave now. I'll come back tomorrow when there's not so much going on here." Our eyes are locked on each other as I'm speaking on the phone.

"Okay baby," he said before hanging up.

I move to stand even though Jeremy refuses to move from in front of me. 

Does he think he is transparent? Can he move?

 I move walking past Jeremy the best I can with him still in my way, and make my way downstairs.

"Samantha," he says quietly as I reach the doorway but I keep moving. I can tell he wants to stop me from leaving but there's something holding him back. Of course, he doesn't fight for me. Why would he? He never did before.

I make my way downstairs seeing Mariella in the kitchen talking to Angela. They both stop to look at me.

"I'm sorry Mariella I have to go, I can't be here," I said with my voice cracking. Just then the blue-eyed devil walked down the stairs making his appearance.

"What did you do," Mariella said her eyes darting back to him.

"I didn't do anything," he said staring at me and not meeting his mother's gaze. I look away and down at the floor. Why are his eyes on me so intense?

I could feel my eyes growing heavy with liquid, again. At this point, these tears are getting really ghetto.

"Jeremy, you will not be the reason I don't get to see that baby, do you hear me? I'll be dammed if I let you treat Samantha the way your father treated me. I don't know why you idolize the man so much," she said angrily.