𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

꒰   𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

"Good news for the citizens of Outer Banks, Dominion Power says their underwater transmission line, which will restore power to 90% of of the area, should be functional within 24 hours."

"And still no arrest in the shooting death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin. The state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, a juvenile from-" Kiara frowned when she heard the radio, quickly switching it off.

John B suddenly ducked further into his seat when sirens approached, speeding by the car where the group had taken shelter for the night.

JJ shifted in the back, perking up slightly at the sound, a joint between his lips. He glanced down at Bianca, her head resting against his chest. After a whole night of restlessness, she'd finally been able to fall asleep for half an hour and JJ didn't want to move- he felt like moving even just an inch would wake the girl up. Her brushed some of the loose tendrils of hair on her cheeks behind her ear gently and John B glanced at his best friend with a raised eyebrow to which JJ merely ignored his questioning gaze.

"Shit," Pope muttered, eyes wide and awake in the front seat and at the sound of the Heyward boy's voice, Bianca's eyes fluttered open.

"Hey, go back to sleep," JJ told her softly with a frown, but she shook her head with hooded eyes, propping herself up against the backseat.

"Yeah," Kiara scoffed in annoyance from the front, rolling her eye. She too hadn't been able to get any rest through out the night, "Princess needs her beauty sleep.

At this, Bianca narrowed her gaze, kicking the back of Kiara's seat, "Fuck you," She mumbled.

"Ow!" Kiara protested, glaring at the girl in the rearview mirror, "You bitch."

JJ interjected before the girls could start bickering, "Okay- let's game this out, who are the cops gonna believe? Ward and Michael or us?"

"The accusers are a big shot developer and the other is basically lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial piece of shit- sorry B," JJ said, but the girl shrugged with nonchalance, "And the accused is John B- who is pretty much a homeless sixteen year old boy."

"Thanks," John B scoffed.

"Okay, man," JJ sat up in his seat now, "Yucatan, alright- it's your only option."

"Why is Mexico your answer to everything?" Kiara narrowed her eyes at the boy, arms folded across her chest.

Bianca frowned at that, only just realising how much JJ truly joked about running away to Mexico. He seemed to have everything planned, as if he'd researched it thoroughly enough to make a get-away in a moment's notice. The thought made her heart hurt a little and she shifted slightly closer to him as if to remind him that she was there.

"It's perfect- we sneak him across the border and-"

"Enough with Mexico bullshit," John B rolled his eyes, "Sarah's gonna bail me out."

"She did witness the whole thing," Kiara added pointedly.

"And she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope raised his eyebrows.

"She might," Bianca offered quietly, but she was lying through her teeth. She didn't know if Sarah would turn her back on Rafe like that and honestly, she didn't know if she could either. Even after everything that happened, some stupid, naive part of her still loved him.

JJ's eyes softened at Bianca before turning back to John B, "Not happening, bro."

"The ferry," Pope offered suddenly, "It can get you off the island."

JJ nodded in agreeance, "Yeah- exit stage left while you still can, man- before the entire island is on lockdown."

"Sarah's not a Pogue." Pope muttered when he noticed John B's hesitance.

"Yeah, you can't stay here, man," JJ muttered, although he hated the idea of his best friend going off on his own, "It's the only way."

author's note.