𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

꒰ 𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

It was common knowledge amongst the islanders that Michael Prescott had a knack for collecting antiques and maybe, if everyone wasn't utterly petrified of him, they'd call him a hoarder

It was common knowledge amongst the islanders that Michael Prescott had a knack for collecting antiques and maybe, if everyone wasn't utterly petrified of him, they'd call him a hoarder. Both he and Ward Cameron were both history buffs, it's what Bianca assumed they bonded over at dinners party's. Michael kept it all in his office at work- a place Bianca was rarely ever allowed to enter and even when she did, she was ushered out almost too quickly. Her father told her it was because there were some confidential documents, financial transactions and contracts that would bore her pretty little head, but Bianca knew it was all bullshit.

Either way, it wasn't surprising that what Bianca needed to drop off consisted of a couple of musty looking books- a few of which detailed the history of the island, which appeared to be sitting on the shelf for a decade too long, a few stacks of paper and a peculiar looking children's book.

Carrying the book in her arms, Bianca flipped through the thick book of fairytales and wondered why on earth Ward needed this. She strolled through the front door, opening the book only to find that a rectangular shaped hole had been cut out of the pages.

Bianca placed the books down on the kitchen counter, but what really caught her attention was the golden circular item that lay inside. The girl opened it, revealing itself as a compass and frowned. Beside it was a post-it note slotted right between the pages–  'Ardway. Eetmay emay inway ymay officeway, eway eednay otay alktay.'

Bianca's face scrunched up face in confusion at this– if she hadn't known any better, she'd assume it was a bunch of random letters jumbled up, but ever since her father's recent suspicious behaviour, she knew this wasn't the case. This was too strange to be a coincidence. Bianca pulled out her phone and quickly took a picture of the note before pocketing it once again.

Suddenly, a loud, booming voice from the Cameron's backyard made her jump, "I just don't feel like you care!"

She wanted to leave- incase she accidentally bumped into Sarah, who'd be home anytime now, but her boyfriend's unmistakable voice made her pause.

"I said I do! What do you want me to say?"

"I don't want you to say anything- I want you to take care of business, where are the generators!? I gave you money for the generators- you said you would take care of it- did you take care of it? Where are they?"

"They're on back order," Rafe forced out, lying straight through his teeth and it dawned on Bianca where he'd bought his motorcycle from.

"Shit, Rafe," The girl mumbled, running a hand through her dark strands as she leaned against the wall to listen.

"Yeah, of course they are," Ward scoffed.

"There was a hurricane-"

"I gave you the money to place the order before the hurricane!" Ward shook his head, "I'll tell you what- that Pogue I just fired, way more reliable than you-"