𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

꒰   𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

When Bianca Prescott was little, she thought that the moon followed her around because she was special. That she was the centre of the universe and all the planets and all the stars orbited her. Bianca also thought that this was where her superiority complex stemmed from– but nevertheless, in this moment, everything did feel as if it revolved around her.

With the moonlight dancing on their noses and the mindless chatter of music playing softly from the radio, the girl sighed, "My mom is going to kill me for being out all day."

JJ glanced over at her, "Do you always do what your parents say?"

Bianca quietened at that because intentionally or not, JJ had hit a nerve, "No," She hummed silently, although she was most definitely lying to herself and to the boy.

JJ watched as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat and quickly changed the topic, "You know, you're not as bad as I thought you'd be."

At this, Bianca perked up, turning to face him, "Well, what'd you expect?"

"Do you want me to answer that?" JJ chuckled, although to Bianca, this was no laughing matter.

A scowl etched it's way onto her face, "Let me guess- kook princess?" She rolled her eyes.

"Something like that," JJ hummed, his hands still on the wheel as they drove down the empty road, "Rude to waiters at a minimum type thing."

Bianca scoffed, "Well, you're not what I expected either."

"Yeah?" JJ challenged, a daring glint in his eye.

"I thought you were this really laid-back, surfer, dude-bro," Bianca mumbled, "But you're a total meathead and a klepto- you should be in jail."

"Ouch," JJ chuckled, pressing a hand to his chest dramatically, "That hurt."

"Just saying," Bianca gave him a small smile, leaning her head against the window as a soft silence lapsed over them.

After a few moments, JJ sighed, "So what's it going to be like when we get back?"

"With what?" The girl frowned at this, her brows creased together.

"Well- like, um..." He stammered.

"With us?" Bianca narrowed her eyes and when the boy nodded, the situation dawned on her. 

She'd spent an entire day with another guy- one who was not her boyfriend- and a Pogue no less. If Rafe, Topper or Kelce even had a suspicion that JJ was with her, they wouldn't hesitate to put him six-feet under. They were like attack dogs waiting for a chance to shred their poor victim until it was unrecognisable as anything except a piece of meat– she couldn't let that happen to JJ. So Bianca plastered on her best scowl and turned to the boy.