𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

꒰ 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

A plane flew overhead the group who'd managed to take shelter at a nearby shed, the engine whirring over their heads before disappearing into the clouded sky

A plane flew overhead the group who'd managed to take shelter at a nearby shed, the engine whirring over their heads before disappearing into the clouded sky. And just like that, all their hopes and dreams were crushed.

"Fuck," Bianca mumbled, her brows creased together as she watched the plane vanish from sight.

"There goes the gold," Pope muttered from beside her, "Shit!"

Bianca's head snapped toward's JJ who'd kicked a plastic chair, sending it flying across the room.

Kiara ran her hand across her face- everything they'd done had been for nothing. She flinched when she heard Pope yell a loud, "Fuck!" Behind them and all heads snapped towards the boy.

"Pope?" Kiara frowned, "Pope!" He'd begun to throw furniture around the shed, frustration overtaking him.

"God damn it!" He yelled, grabbing a nearby baseball bat and smashing it across the walls.

Bianca stayed rooted in her spot, never having seen Pope get so angry before. It was a rare burst of emotion, one he didn't know he even had in him. But that was back when he hadn't lost everything.

Kiara and Bianca glanced over at each other when Pope hurled a metal bin across the room. Even JJ had paused, watching as the boy broke down in front of them. When he was done, he fell back into one of the couches.

"Pope," Bianca muttered softly as his face crumpled, stifling the sobs that threatened the escape his lips.

"Yeah, dude," JJ followed, "I was wondering when this was gonna happen." The blond reached into his pocket, "Here you go, chief- a little weed never hurt no one."

"JJ," Kiara said lowly, sending a warning glance over to him.

"Relax, Kie."

"You know he doesn't smoke," She frowned right before Pope took it from him.

"First time for everything," JJ scoffed.

"Pope- what is that gonna help?" Kiara questioned softly, glancing at the boy with utmost concern.

"I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. It's gone- it's not gonna happen," Pope sighed heavily, wisps of smoke falling from his lips.

"I'm sorry, Po'," Bianca mumbled softly, she didn't know whether to feel grateful for his sacrifice or guilty for what he'd lost.

Kiara's eyes widened, "You did that for us?"

Pope muttered dejectedly, "No- not for us. For nothing."

"We're here for you, Po'," Bianca gave the boy a cheeky smile, wrapping her arms around the boy's neck from behind him and leaning her cheek against the top of his head.

JJ quickly pulled Pope towards him, "Welcome to the dark side, dude."

"Thanks for having me," The boy mumbled jokingly, but there was no humour behind his words.

"Guys," Kiara crossed her arms over her chest, "Now's not the time to be corrupting him," She protested.

"What, Kie? He's right," JJ snapped, voice raised in frustration, "It doesn't matter anymore."

Kiara scoffed, glancing away from her friends. She sniffled slightly as Pope took another drag- she didn't want this for him, she didn't want any of this, "You don't have to do that."

Pope exhaled, smoke bellowing almost tauntingly at Kiara. He narrowed his eyes, as if trying to figure her out, "What do you care?"

Bianca stood up suddenly, and Pope frowned. He followed her widened eyes to see John B stepping slowly towards the group, blood drenching his hands and his shirt. Kiara gasped when he stumbled towards them.

"John B!?" Kiara rushed over to him, eyes widened with concern. Her breath hitched- they shouldn't have left him, they should've stayed with him.

"Dude! Dude, you good!?" JJ reached his best friend first, grabbing his arm to lift his blood stained hands, "Is this yours?"

The Routledge boy didn't answer, just stared at his friends with a vacant expression and unshed tears in his eyes.

But he wasn't looking at JJ, he was glancing over the blond boy's shoulder at Bianca.

She felt her heart accelerating beneath her ribcage, glancing from his bloody hands to his unwavering gaze. Her gut twisted uneasily, "John B?" She mumbled with hesitance, "JB- are you okay?"

John B had a faraway expression on his face as Pope questioned him, "Hey, you okay, man?"

Finally, the Routledge boy shook his head, eyes still boring into Bianca's. His breath shuddered, "Peterkin," He forced himself to say, shaking his head harder.

"Peterkin?" Pope frowned, "What about Peterkin?"

"Rafe killed her," John B mumbled sinisterly, "Rafe killed Peterkin."

Bianca swallowed against the lump in her throat, her chest rising and falling unsteadily as she took another step back. He was lying, he had to be.

"No," Was all the girl could manage as she felt her heart drop, throat constricting.

And as much as she didn't want to believe him, she wouldn't make the same mistake of doubting John B again.

Suddenly, sirens loomed in the distance, the loud whirring echoing within the shed and the group ducked behind one of the couches away from sight while a cop car passed by.  Bianca tried to move away from JJ who had gently reached out for her, tears pricking the corner of her eyes.

Bianca felt sick as the boy pulled her numb body into his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around her as if to protect her from all the bad things in the world. But she'd already seen the worst, hell, she dated it and there was no going back.

Her hand came to her lips to stifle a small sob and as much as it pained JJ to hold her while she was crying over another man, he didn't let go, not when she needed him the most.

John B's gaze fell to the floor and felt guilt seep through every pore, every vessel and bone in his body- he wished he could've done more for Peterkin, one of the only people on the island that had given a fuck about him. And now she was gone.

"It's okay," JJ whispered into Bianca's hair, his heart pounding while his lips pressed against her forehead.

"No, it's not," Bianca pulled away slightly to glance up at his cerulean blue eyes, wanting desperately to believe him, "Nothing's okay anymore."

JJ's eyes darted between her bloodshot ones, trying to figure out the right words to say, but she was right. So instead, he pulled Bianca back into his chest and held her close to him, head resting against his chest as silent tears streamed down her cheeks and soaked his shirt, but he didn't care.

None of it felt real. Bianca's eyes squeezed tightly shut, wishing it wasn't true.

God, how she wished it wasn't true.

author's note. DID U GUYS SEE THE TRAILER FOR SZN 2 ?!1?1?! im so keen hehe