Sacred | مقدس

Start from the beginning

"Then take her somewhere, don't make the poor child cry like this", Dadi jan said. Faryal shifted her gaze towards the guests.

"Don't worry, we are here", Meesha assured her. Faryal smiled.

Zohaib glanced at Uzair, he signaled him not to leave him alone in that situation.

"Take her somewhere", Mom said. Zohaib looked back at Faryal. She nodded. They went outside and settled down in the car.

"Where should we go?", Zohaib turned his head towards Faryal.

"I don't know, let's wander on the road if that's what Zahra wants", She shrugged. He ignited the car. Faryal slid down the window and a cool gush of air hit her face. The sun was hidden by thick clouds. The mountains were filled with light fog, reducing the visibility.

Zahra was looking outside the window with a wide smile on her face. She squealed and laughed when the cool air hit her face, she was barely able to open her eyes.

"Enough of enjoying the cool air you will get cold", Faryal slid up the window and adjusted Zahra's woolen cap on her head.

"Zahra you are getting very naughty. Uzair chachu will be mad at us for leaving him there", Faryal gave her a tight kiss on her cheek. Zohaib glanced at them and then back to the road in front of him and smiled.

"She is stubborn like you... knows how to make us do things", Zohaib said.

"Look who is saying", Faryal replied.

After a few minutes of drive, Zohaib stopped the car in front of a cafe. "I'll grab something",

"It is not needed", Faryal said.

"That's why I didn't ask you. Keep the doors locked I'll be back soon", he unbuckled his seat and went outside the car. Faryal and Zahra waited for him.

A few minutes later Zohaib settled down in the car. His hands were totally occupied. He placed the cups on the dashboard.

"Look Zahra, what daddy brought for you", Zohaib showed her the LED balloon. Zahra's eyes lit up. She moved her hand forward to take it in her hands.

"Thank you Zahra's daddy for bringing this. Zahra loves it", Faryal cheered.

"And take this", he forwarded a khaki-colored paper bag. Faryal took the bag from him and opened it curiously.

"This is for me?", She picked out a fresh daisy floral crown and beamed with delight. She looked like a child in the candy store. He chuckled at her

"It's so beautiful Zohaib, thank you so much", she put it on her head. "I love it".

Zohaib smiled. "Now drink your hot chocolate before it gets cold", he removed the lid from the cup and handed her.

"Hot chocolate", she frowned. "How do you know it's my favorite".

He shrugged.

She took a sip and said, "Fineee, don't tell me". He smiled and started drinking from his cup, his eyes were fixed on Zahra and Faryal.

Zahra was playing with her balloon. She looked up at her Ammi, a frown appeared on her forehead, and then she chortled. Zohaib chuckled too. He captured their picture on his mobile.

"What happened?", Faryal wriggled her eyebrows in confusion. Zohaib turned the rearview mirror towards her. Faryal starred at her reflection, mouth agape. Her mouth was covered around by the froth. Zohaib cleaned her mouth with a tissue.

"Then you say you are not a kid", he said. "Pori billi lug rahi ho (You are looking a cat)". Zahra was gigling non-stop.

"Why did you take my picture?", she whined.