One-hundred and seventy-five

What... another one?!!

-

"Eleanor!"

My sister ignored me as she continued running out of the corridor and down the moving staircase.

"Eleanor for fuck sake!" I yelled. "Stop running!"

The stairs were full of students who were being led out and away from the school. They were being led home because they were under-age. It was hard reaching El with all the people filling the staircases, but when I finally caught up to her, she was on her way over to Charlotte who sat against the wall in the entrance hall.

She looked like she was waiting for someone, sitting there with her trunk.

"You're here too?!" I asked, my voice slightly raised. "Your bag is packed. I'm assuming you're going home."

"Oh fuck yeah." Charlotte nodded. "I'm out of here. There's no way I'm staying behind to fight a fucking sociopath."

"Great!" I clapped my hands together before turning to Eleanor.

"I'm not leaving." she said immediately, looking at me as if I was the enemy. "I don't care what dad says and I don't care what you say. I'm staying."

"No." I laughed. "You're leaving. You're gonna go up to the Ravenclaw tower, you're gonna pack your things and you're gonna go home, do you hear me?"

"It's not really up to you, is it?" she asked, her face full of sass. "You're my sister, not my mother."

Oh my god.

"If mum was here, she'd say the same thing!" I raised my voice. "You're fifteen years old!"

"Sixteen tomorrow!"

"Still under-age!"

"And so what?!" she yelled. "What would you do?! If you were sixteen again, you'd stay and you'd fight because you know it's right!"

"You're a child, Eleanor!" I yelled. "You're going home and that's the end of it!"

"You know what?" she laughed. "Fuck you, fucking miss perfect!"

A silence laid upon us as we simply looked at each other, before Charlotte broke that silence.

"It's mrs." she said. "She's married."

"Does it fucking matter?!" Eleanor yelled, looking at me again. "You don't get to decide what I'm gonna do!"

She went to leave but I grabbed onto her wrist, making sure not to hurt her in any way. Though out of anger, Eleanor suddenly turned towards me and struck me across the face.

Immediately she gasped at what she had done, watching me take a step back.

"Allie, I'm so–"

"You know what? Stay." I said calmly. "If it means that much to you. But I swear to god Eleanor Alaina Ivy Silverberry... get yourself hurt in any way, and I will kill you."

Eleanor huffed, then hurried past me, and I turned to see William approach with Marco behind him.

"What was that?" Will asked while I rubbed my cheek. "Did she hit you?"

I shrugged.

"She's certainly a Silverberry." I said, making a face as my cheek hurt, the stinging sensation from the slap, sitting on my skin.

"If she wants to stay and fight, then–"

"Seriously?" I asked. "You can't tell me you think she should stay."