Six

Last chapter of today! I sure as hell am spoiling you rn.

Goodnight everyone!

-

Wedding day.

Today, my two favourite people in the world were getting married.

William Augustus Grant Silverberry

Marcus Pablo Partridge.

Marco was going to take the Silverberry name, making him Marcus Pablo Silverberry instead, though he was more excited about sharing a last name with me than sharing one with his soon-to-be-husband.

I'm still angry that this isn't a legal wedding. I'm still angry that they don't have the opportunity to get an actual priest or something to do the ceremony.

They can't sign a wedding certificate. All they can do is invite people, have a ceremony with vows and legally change their names.

Mum is gonna be doing the ceremony — she's pretty excited about that.

"Will?" I called, knocking on the door to the bedroom that mum furnished for him in her new house.

She made sure all her children had their own room here in case we wanted to come home for a while or needed to.

"You can come in." I heard my brother say, and I opened the door, smiling when I saw him.

He was standing in a black suit with a white dress shirt underneath, looking at himself in the mirror.

Dad was in here, looking proud and uncle Raymond sat on the bed, eating a bag of crisps.

"Hi." I smiled. "Marco sent me."

"Please don't tell me you have a camera on you." William said. "Marco can't see me until the wedding, just like I can't see him until the wedding."

"Don't worry." I held up my hand in defence. "I don't have a camera. The only one I own is at home."

William chuckled.

"Dad... Raymond, can you leave us alone for a moment?" He asked. "I need to speak to Allie."

I frowned, but dad then patted Will on the shoulder while Raymond mumbled something, still eating crisps as the two left.

After dad closed the door, I walked closer to William to tie the tie that hung loosely around his neck.

"What's up?" I asked. "Nervous about today?"

"A little." He nodded, looking down at me. "But uh— today also reminds me of something."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He confirmed. "About this girl... nine months younger than me, and a guy she dated for eleven months—"

Uh oh.

"He seemed to be the first person she was actually happy with and they seemed to be good for each other. Their relationship was healthy and they understood each other's boundaries." He said. "They could even see each other get married in the future but then some fucked up shit happened and now she's with this other guy who seems to be a good guy but just doesn't fit her."

"Will, what are you doing?"

William grabbed my hands to stop me from concentrating on his tie.

"I'm telling you to allow yourself real happiness for once." He said. "I haven't seen you as happy as you were when you were with George."

"George dumped me."

"And now he wants you back."

"How do you know that?"