Nineteen

The trial went well.

Or, at least I think it did. Both George and I had testified and we were currently waiting to be told what Minister Fudge has decided. Most of the order is here as well – at least our families are.

Grayson is here too.

I could tell it was hard for him to be in there and see his sister whom he thought he could trust, sit there with no regret about what happened.

George and I was sitting in a set of chairs next to each other, our arms intertwined while I leaned my head against his upper arm, hugging it tightly at the same time.

"Are you nervous?" I whispered, watching the way he rolled his thumb in the palm of his hand which was something he did when feeling nervous or anxious.

"No."

My eyes flicked up to his face and immediately I could see right through his bullshit.

"It's okay to not be okay." I whispered, resting my chin against his arm so I could look up at his face. "You can talk to me. I'll always be here and listen if you need me to."

He smiled softly and looked at me, bringing his hand up to my face, but instead of cupping my face or pushing my hair behind my ear like I would've guessed, he flicked me in the forehead, making me chuckle, and just the sound of my chuckle helped his ego, the smile on his face growing immediately while watching my face.

The next hour went by. Fifteen minutes more of sitting in the waiting room and then we had been called into the trial room where Fudge had made his decision. He then spent the rest forty-five minutes on speaking and explaining how he made his decision along with talking about evidence and the witness statements.

Carrington got life in Azkaban.

When the trial was over, all of us had walked out, smiling.

Well, everyone apart from Grayson. He definitely didn't like what she had done, but he still grew up with her and must've felt so betrayed by her decision to help a death eater.

The first thing Molly did when we left the trail room, was to hug George and assure him that it was all over and that she could never hurt him again.

Then she hugged me and thanked me for not hating him.

"It's so good to see you back together." Molly smiled at us. "You compliment each other in such a nice way. I can't wait to see you get married and give me grand babies."

"Alright, mum." George hurried to say while I couldn't help but laugh, looking at George's embarrassed expression.

"Okay okay." Molly smiled. "I'll leave you two alone."

Then she turned to me.

"What about Christmas?" She asked me. "I'd love to have you spend it with us at the Burrow this year around."

George now looked at me to see my reaction as I nodded without even trying to hide the smile on my face.

"I'd like that, yeah." I nodded. "Thank you, Molly."

"Oh, it's nothing." She assured me, rubbing my upper arm. "You'll always be welcome in our family."

She gave me another hug before patting her son's cheek and after we all said goodbye to each other, all the Weasleys apart from George and Fred, left.

Lee wanted to be here but he had work and George told him to not take time off just because of the trial.

It was gonna be exciting to give Lee the news that Carrington will spend the rest of her life in Azkaban.