Sixty-three

February.

The 16th.

Today was the day of my appointment where we'd figure out if I was pregnant or if I was not. It's been almost two months since that night in the basement. I had been in loads of therapy but I had yet to unlock that memory of Cameron doing that to me.

I stared at George's leg as he was bouncing it while we waited in the waiting area of the hospital. Then I glanced at his face and looked at his leg again.

"Keep doing that and you'll lose a limp."

He immediately stopped and as I looked at his face, he was already staring at mine. He reached out his hand, palm facing up, and I sighed as I placed my hand in his.

"It'll be alright." he assured me. "No need to stress..."

"No need to stress?" I scoffed. "So what... you bouncing your leg has nothing to do with feeling nervous about the possibility that your fiancé might be pregnant with her cousin's child? No? Okay..."

"Allie."

I sighed and sunk into the chair, closing my eyes while I laced my fingers with his.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I don't mean to be rude."

"I know you don't, angel." he placed his other hand on top of mine. "But you know... if you're pregnant, I can always punch you in the stomach and kill the fetus."

I let out a laugh before I wrapped an arm around his arm, hugging it.

"You so have your way with words, my love."

"I know I do." he rested his head against mine. "I can also get a clothing hanger and you know... stick it up there."

Jesus Christ...

"What kind of things are you researching?" I asked and sat up straight, looking at him. "A clothing hanger... what–"

"Oh, I didn't research that." he said. "It was something Ginny said once. That muggles would use a clothing hanger to have an abortion if they couldn't afford to go to a clinic."

I looked at him in shock that some people do that, then the room to one of the examination rooms opened.

"Alliandra Silverberry."

Shut the fuck up.

I stood up and repaid the smile that the healer sent me when she saw me. George followed behind as I walked over.

"Hi Alliandra. I'm healer Mallard. It's nice to meet you." She said and held out her hand, to shake mine.

"You too." I smiled. "You can call me Allie."

She simply smiled before looking at George.

"And this is..."

"I'm George." He said as they shook hands as well. "Her fiancé."

"Well, c'mon in and take a seat." Healer Mallard stepped aside, letting us walk in. "I believe you were scheduled for a pregnancy test following a rape?"

Way to put it out there.

George and I sat on the sofa that stood across from the healer's desk, while she sat in her chair.

"Yes." I nodded. "Just need to be sure that I'm not pregnant or anything."

I toyed with the rings on my fingers and George grabbed my hand, sensing that I was nervous.

"Just to be sure, you are having an abortion if it's positive?"

"Oh, for sure." I nodded. "If I'm pregnant, I want an abortion as soon as possible."