Forty

"Allie."

I groaned into the pillow, waving the person away but then he poked my cheek.

"Allie."

"Take your finger off my cheek." I muttered into the pillow. "Or I'll chop it off and feed it to you."

He quickly removed his finger from my cheek and I opened my eyes to see Fred crouched by my side of the bed, arms resting on the edge as he looked at me.

"What is it?" I asked with a sigh, lifting my head while holding myself up by my arms.

"I just finished reading the Daily Prophet." He said. "There's something you need to see."

"Now?" I groaned, rolling onto my back. "Fred, I am tired."

"Do you love my brother?" He asked, pointing at George who was sleeping next to me. "Do you want the best for the less attractive Weasley twin?"

"Of cour—"

I gasped when Fred picked me up an arm wrapped under my knees and the other wrapped around my back.

"Why are you carrying me?" I asked, having to wrap an arm around his neck to support myself. "I have legs."

"You're not using them." He scoffed. He left the room and put me on the dining table.

"You're so fucking annoying." I groaned, rubbing my eyes. I looked around until my eyes landed on the clock on the wall. "Freddie... dear Freddie... why the fuck did you wake me up at three at night? Why are you up at three at night?"

Fred handed me the newspaper and I glared at him before I read the page he tapped his fingers against.

"This better be fucking worth it." I muttered, trying to focus on reading which was kinda hard, seeing as I was absolutely exhausted.

As I read, I felt my eyes widen and my lips part. My heart skipped a beat.

"Wait..." I slid off the table and turned around, placing the newspaper down. "...what?"

"He can't know."

I looked at Fred.

"He can't— no, he needs to know."

"Allie, she used an unforgivable curse on him. He don't want to admit it but that's something that's still haunting him. If we tell him this, he's gonna walk around being terrified."

"And if we don't, he'll hate the both of us." I said, sighing. "Oh fuck... how did she— how did this happen? She got life... she's supposed to be locked up."

"Who's supposed to be locked up?" George's voice appeared somewhere behind us.

Fred immediately grabbed the newspaper, curling it up. I looked at George, then at Fred and tried to get the newspaper from his hands.

"Why are you two up?" George asked us while I glared at Fred, silently telling him to tell his brother.

Fred moved the curled up newspaper behind his back so I couldn't reach it, and when I tried to reach behind him, he held it up in the air and out of my reach.

"Fred! Show him what you showed me!" I demanded. "He deserves to know!"

"To know what?" George asked. "Freddie, what are you doing?"

When realising that Fred really didn't want to tell him, I turned to my fiancé with a sigh.

"Carrington escaped Azkaban." I said, watching George's expression fall. "The evidence point to Cameron helping her. It says so on one of the pages Fred showed me."