Forty-six

He didn't let me take care of his problem.

All day, while opening presents, while eating, while celebrating Christmas with everyone here, that didn't leave my mind.

He fingered me to an orgasm and then just left me in the kitchen with his tea that had grown cold.

He walked back upstairs with a freaking tent in his pants.

"Try and make me understand it, because you keep saying you love him, and I just don't understand why or how that happened." Ginny and I stood in the kitchen, helping Molly with the dinner. "I mean, are you sure he didn't use a love potion on you?"

"Ginny." I let out a sigh before chuckling. "I can assure you, he didn't."

"But— then how..."

"Alright, you know how I was in a relationship with Cameron Ironwood during the end of my fifth year and the start of my sixth?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Well, you also know he was abusive and at first I struggled to see that." I said. "But I remember when Cameron first hit me and I ended up with a black eye, George was the one who helped me cover it up while also talking to me about it and trying to get me to leave him. We barely knew each other. The only kind of relationship we had was during Quidditch when we'd get competitive with each other, though he still cared and tried to get me to realise the danger of being in that relationship."

"Oh—" Ginny looked at me. "...that's sweet, I guess."

I chuckled.

"And after the death eater attack at the World Cup, after I bruised my ribs pretty badly, he always found me around the castle to check up on me and make sure I wasn't in any kind of pain." I said. "So I don't know Ginny... I don't know if that's the reason I was attracted to him at first, but I remember being incredibly comfortable around him which was rare for me. I was only that comfortable about three guys in my life. Marco, William... and Cedric."

She hummed, thinking about my words before looking at me again.

"How did you go from Cameron to George?"

I smiled at the thought of getting together with George for the first time.

"I broke up with Cameron the minute he said some homophobic comment directed at Marco." I said. "And it wasn't long after that Fred and Lee tricked George and I and locked us in the boathouse... that's where George asked if he could kiss me for the first time. I eventually asked him out and on December first, we made it official."

At the sound of footsteps, I turned to see George strut into the kitchen with a mischievous grin. He had tried entering about twenty minutes ago but Molly had waved him away so he wouldn't mess up dinner. Molly was currently out getting some ingredients from the garden, so George had now entered again.

"Bored?" I asked as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his head against the side of mine.

"A little."

"Can you two go be cute and all of that somewhere else?" Ginny asked. "It's sickening."

While I laughed, George lifted his head to look at his sister.

"Ron told me about you snogging Dean Thomas at the three broomsticks." he said in an accusing tone which made Ginny flip him off. "Now, you wouldn't mind if I stole Allie away for a moment, would you?"

"If you remember to bring her back." she told him. "I'm still trying to figure out why she wants to be with you."

"Wha– I told you why." I said, but Ginny simply shook her head.