One-hundred and fifty-seven

George

I was in the middle of eating a slice of toast, when the door burst open, Allie entering.

I looked at her while she grabbed the phone off the wall.

"Babe..." I sang. "What're you doing?"

"William gave me my dads number." She said. "I need his help if I need to find Marco."

I took a bite off the toast, then put it down and approached her while she held the phone to her ear, while typing the number.

"I told Will what Timothy told me." She said, rushing the words, her voice panicked. "He's alerting the order so that we can find him."

She looked up at me.

"It's never going to end, is it?"

I sighed and brought a hand up to cup one side of her face.

"I don't know, darling."

"Dad!" Then exclaimed, turning away from me to talk to her dad on the phone. "It's Allie... I— I need your help."

I went back to my toast, watching Allie while I ate. I hated what was going on. I hated not knowing where Marco was at, and I hated seeing Allie like this.

She was out of her mind with worry. She didn't sleep, she didn't eat. All she did was research places and try to look for clues as to where he was hidden.

"Marco's missing." She said and brought a shaking hand up to her face when her voice cracked. "It's been two weeks. I think Carrington has got something to do with it."

She kept scratching her palm as she spoke to her father. The way she's close her hand to scratch her palm, doing it over and over again.

"Can't I use a tracking spell?" She asked. "I should be able to—"

She stopped talking and her eyebrows fell together as she listened.

"For fuck sake!" She yelled, slamming her palm against the wall. "There must be some way to use magic to find him! Why didn't they invent a better fucking tracking spell?!"

She went back to scratching her own palm. I couldn't stand looking at it, so I put down my toast and walked over to her grabbing her hand. She looked up at me and I simply smiled comfortably at her.

"I'm sorry." she breathed, looking down as she talked to her dad. "I shouldn't have yelled at you."

I wrapped my arm around Allie's shoulder, feeling her lean into my body, hugging me back.

"Okay, thank you." she breathed. "I'll see you in an hour."

She hung up, putting the phone back on the wall before using both arms to hug me. I pressed a kiss to her head as I gently rocked her from side to side in my arms.

"Are you going down to the office?"

"Yes." she breathed. "My dad's coming to England in about an hour. He can't leave earlier. I have a lot of research waiting for me there so I'll just go ahead and wait for him if that's alright."

"Of course it's alright, angel." I pulled back to look at her. "Need me to walk you? I don't like having you walk on the streets all alone."

"I'll be fine." she sighed, taking a step back.

"Okay." I nodded. "But bring your knife, will you? Just to be safe."

She simply nodded, walking into our bedroom to return a couple of seconds later, carrying the pocket knife. She pushed it into her pocket before she headed for the door.