One-hundred and sixty-seven

The next couple of months passed by slowly.

I went to therapy multiple times a week, as well as group therapy. Then I was working shifts at the shop three times a week, using the rest of the time to relax.

Marco was home with William, but he still wasn't talking. They were communicating in another way. Marco had given Will permission to read his mind, so that was the way they were talking to each other.

Having to try and live a normal life after what happened, was hard, but I was slowly learning to do just that.

Today was a good day.

I woke up before George, took a long shower and got dressed in something other than sweats for once.

I was dressed in a pair of high waisted white trousers, a spaghetti strap top which was a beige colour, tucked into my trousers and a belt.

It showed off my cleavage and along with the many necklaces I wore, I felt hot today. I felt in touch with my more feminine side.

George woke up a few hours after me while I sat at the desk in our room, Chloe sleeping next to the chair. He caught my attention when he groaned which was a thing he always did when he woke up.

He reached out for me but when he realised my side of the bed was empty, he quickly lifted his torso, taking a look around the room.

His eyes landed on me and a small smile formed on his lips as he let himself relax against the mattress.

"You're up already?"

"I'm writing my sisters."

George slowly got out of bed. He was always slow in the morning, but so was I, so I didn't judge him.

"Good morning." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders as he leaned down to kiss my neck.

"Morning." I brushed my fingers through his hair briefly, returning to my letters afterwards.

"You look beautiful." He whispered, brushing his hand down and into my top, making me chuckle softly. "Happy birthday, gorgeous."

"Thank you." I turned my head to kiss his lips. "I'm officially an adult."

He hummed, smiling before he repaid the kiss, then straightened up so that he could get dressed.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked. "We could go out for dinner, or we could travel... apparate somewhere and just spend the day in peace and quiet."

I shrugged.

"Don't really feel like celebrating." I said. "It's just another birthday."

"What?" George frowned, finding a pair of trousers before he turned towards me. "It's not just another birthday. You turn twenty. You've always been excited to hit the twenty mark."

I looked at him, scrunching up my face.

"I know, but now it just feels a bit ridiculous."

"Ridiculous to celebrate your birthday?"

"Ridiculous to have been so obsessed with this birthday." I said. "Twenty is just another. We can do something special for your birthday if you think it's so important."

He walked over to lean against the desk, grabbing my jaw in his hand, forcing my head back to make me look at him.

"I can still give you your present, right?"

I smiled.

"Sure."

He repaid the smile before leaning down to kiss me, then went back to the dresser to finish getting dressed.