Chapter 12: Guilt

Normal POV

It was a stressful evening for our heroes. Kai and Sonic were rushed to emergency due to two severe gunshot wounds. Zero was pacing back-and-forth, hoping, praying, that his son is going to be OK. Both Ashley and Ace were exhausted from the fight and were resting together. The medical staff were able to treat their wounds easily since they weren't as severe.

This peaceful moment between father and daughter didn't take long when Ash's ears twitch as she opened her eyes to see Wren sitting beside them. The owl archer her Pokémon then notices her waking up and smiles warmly at her.

Wren: Hey

Ashley: Hey....

Wren: how's the leg?

Ashley: better. I guess.

Ace: *wakes as well* how's Kai now?

Wren: Kai and Sonic are still in there....Never seen Zero like this...

Ace: me either.....

Ashley: I hope there ok.....

Kiba: You should talk to him Ace....

Ace: ok....

Ace carefully gets up and walks towards Zero.

Ace: Z? You have a moment?

Zero: Yeah...? Need something?

Ace: yeah.......I just want you to tell me what on your mind.

Zero: It's my son...It should've been me.....I knew something like this would happen......

Ace:.......well......to be honest......I think that same thing. Even though I didn't make him with raven.......he is still.......like my son as well.

Zero: Flare and I were completely devastated....

Ace: Ik. me and Ashley were devastated as well.

Zero: *tears up a bit* It took 5 Doctors, Charlie and Inferno to get her outta there. And then we fell into an argument and in which she said if our son dies....*Sniffs* She would leave me.....

Ace: *hugs him* shhh......Ik Z......Ik......Just let it all out. I'm here.....

As Zero cries on Ace's shoulder. Nurse Joy comes into the room.

Tom: hey! How are they?

Nurse Joy: well.......your hedgehog friend has an infection in his hip from the untreated gunshot wound and he lost a lot of blood........

Fang: Will he make it?

Nurse Joy: he's currently unconscious but he's stable. He will be in a wheelchair until he recovers.

Zero: What about my son?!

Nurse Joy:...........

Zero: IS HE ALRIGHT?!

For once NJ was hesitant to say the news about Kai but after a while, she finally answered.

Nurse Joy: the..........Bullet had hit his spine and suffered from heavy blood loss......

Wren, Stone and Thunder: !!!!!!

Nurse Joy: Just like Sonic, he's in a coma. But we were able to remove both bullets so.....yeah, both of them will make a full recoveries.

Zero: Thank Arceus....

Ashley: WHICH ROOMS ARE THEY IN?!?!

Fang: Calm down