30

You bit your lip, gazing at Harry intently.

"You make me feel a lot of things," Harry said quietly.

"Like what?" You whispered, feeling nerves swirling in the pit of your stomach.

"Like... like really good. But not just good. You make me feel happy and exhilarated. Touching you and kissing you is like this--this, fuck I don't know--"

"Euphoria?" You suggested shyly. You were certain that was the only word that could come close to describing how it felt to kiss the boy in front of you.

"Yeah! Yeah, it's like this euphoria. I feel like I'm on top of the world right now. Even when I had to watch you snog Nott, all I could think about was how beautiful you were--are. How nice your laugh sounds, even from far away, and the way you always bite your lip in class. Even the way you twirl your quill when you think is perfect."

You were grateful for the dim lighting so Harry couldn't see how pink your cheeks were.

"Harry- i-"

You were cut off by Harry's lips crashing back onto yours. It was full of passion, nothing like you'd ever felt before. You were cut off just as you were about to bite Harry's lip when he pulled away. Before you could ask why, his lips were pressed to your jawline. Harry kissed down to your ear softly just like you'd done to him.

"Am I doing it right?" Harry murmured. The movement of his lips on your skin made your nerves tingle happily.

"Perfect," you breathed, tilting your head to the side. "Doing perfect."

Harry continued to experiment down your neck. Every once in a while you would let out soft whimpers when he hit a sweet spot.

Suddenly, a crash from just a few feet away made you flinch so hard you almost fell off of Harry's lap. Harry's head jerked up, narrowly missing your chin.

"Caught you! Caught you! Peevsy caught you!" Peeves the Poltergeist yelled gleefully, dancing around the suit of armor he'd just pushed over.

"Shit, shit, shit," Harry cursed.

"What the fuck are we going to do? Filch is probably on his way right now!" You whispered urgently, scrambling to your feet.

Harry got to his feet, too, searching in his jean pockets as Peeves continued his taunts.

"Give me a second," Harry mumbled, hands digging into his pockets.

"Harry we've got to go. What are you doing?"

Finally, Harry withdrew a piece of parchment and his wand. He unrolled it quickly before you could see what the front said.

"I solemnly swear I'm up to no good," Harry muttered.

"That's your plan, is it?" You whispered, becoming increasingly annoyed. "Tell a piece of parchment you're 'up to no good'?"

Abruptly, Harry grabbed your wrist and pulled you toward where the corridor split off to the left.

"Filch's office is that way, Harry. He'll be coming from there, we should--"

"Trust me, alright?" Harry cut you off, continuing to pull you forward. "Filch isn't coming this way."

You weren't completely trusting of Harry's seemingly instantaneous omniscience, but seeing as you didn't have a better idea, you let him drag you around the corner.

Harry pulled you down the next hallway and unexpectedly yanked you through a door on your right. The door closed behind you as quietly as possible as you accustomed yourself to the even darker lighting of the new room. It was apparent that there were no windows in the room by the complete darkness that surrounded you. The only reason you knew Harry was in the room with you was because of his hand still gripping your wrist and the sound of his quiet breathing.

"Lumos," Harry's voice whispered.

A dim light appeared at the end of his wand about a foot from your face. The room was so small the soft light lit almost the entire thing, save for a few nooks and crannies. Now, you could see Harry had dragged you into a spare closet that looked like it hadn't been used in a while. There was a thin layer of dust coating the empty shelves on the walls and a broom stacked on top of a mop and a dustpan in the far corner. Luckily, the rest of the room was bare. If it'd been in use you weren't sure you and Harry both would have been able to fit.

Speaking of Harry, he was standing right in front of you, his glowing wand held in front of him, illuminating the piece of parchment in his other hand. You'd had no choice but to widen your legs so he could stand in between them. Harry's back was against the opposite wall, yours the smooth wooden door.

"Harry what are--?"

"Shh, he's coming," Harry shushed you.

You strained your ears to hear the sound of Filch's footsteps, but all you could hear was the faint chirping of crickets.

"I don't hear any--"

Harry put his finger to your lips, giving you a warning look. Frowning, you pursed your lips and stopped talking.

Harry whispered, "Nox," and your only light source extinguished, leaving you in complete darkness once again.

Silence.

You were about to open your mouth to comment on how annoying Harry was being when suddenly,

"Oh-ho-ho, those nasty children won't know what hit them, Mrs. Norris!"

You heard Filch's tip-toed footsteps pass right outside the door. Harry's finger pressed harder against your lips.

"Breaking curfew like a couple of..." Filch's voice faded into a muddle you couldn't make out as he moved too far away.

Another minute of tense silence followed.

"Peeves!" Came Filch's familiar cry of anguish. "Peeves get back here you foul, tricky little snollygoster!"

You couldn't help the small snort that escaped you at Filch's insult.