15

Is he okay?" You interrupted, trying to squirm in Theo's arms to see Harry. "Is he hurt? I think--I think I broke one of his ribs... with my--with my knee."

Theo frowned. "I'm sure he'll be fine. But we need to--"

"They're going to take him to Madame Pomfrey, right?"

Theo was becoming exasperated by your concern for someone he thought you hated. You didn't notice, though. Your brain felt muddled, like you were drunk, but not in a fun way. At all

"Yes, they're taking him to Madame Pomfrey. And I'm taking you, okay?"

You seemed satisfied with his answer and nodded. "Yeah... yeah, okay."

Professor Snape and McGonagall had finally made it onto the field. It felt like hours since you'd been flying through the air after the Snitch, but it'd been barely five minutes.

"Nott, come with me. Careful not to touch her shoulder," Professor Snape said as soon as he was in range.

Theo followed after Snape obediently, carefully situating you in his arms.

"Am I going to die?" You whispered. Your face was buried in the crook of Theo's neck so the moving surroundings and bright lights didn't give you any more of a headache than you already did.

"No," Theo said firmly. "I won't let that happen. You're going to be fine."

"What about Harry?"

"I don't--" Theo's voice faltered, but you still didn't notice. "Like I said, I'm sure he'll be fine."

"Good."