14 - Heaven Will Never Hear

Start from the beginning

"He lied to you." said a low voice. The second in command of Hell stood behind him, but Crowley did not look. He didn't want to.

"He lied to you, Crowley," Beelzebub repeated.

"You," Crowley hissed, hatred bubbling inside him, "You tricked him."

"No tricks, Crowley. He knew. He knew when he signed the contract."

"This is your fault!" Crowley growled, his hands curling into fists on the ground and turning his knuckles white.

"Oh, Crowley, I really am sorry. I'm sorry that you thought you loved him." Beelzebub said sweetly, though their words were toxic.

"I LOVED HIM!"

They seemed to pause for a moment, contemplating. "I'm even more sorry you thought you could save him. You poor thing."

"YOU KILLED HIM! YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND. MY ANGEL. Not the war, not Heaven or hell. YOU!" Crowley yelled, ignoring all her words. He shot up, tears clouding his vision and making everything blurry.

"Crowley," They tried.

"Bitch!" he screamed.

Crowley flung himself at her, pinning them to the ground. They yelped in surprise, struggling to fight Crowley off. He seized their throat, slamming their head into the concrete and smiling at the crack it made. Blood trickled from the back of their head, dripping onto the ground. They looked up at him with pure rage and hatred in those dull blue eyes. Crowley tightened his grip on their throat, choking the air out of them.

You see, humans could not kill angels or demons. Demons, however, could kill angels, angels could kill demons and they could kill their own kind.

Beelzebub gasped for breath, their hands clawing at his own, trying to tear his grip away.

"How does it feel, Princess?" he snarled, "To be powerless and suffocating? That's only half of the pain you've caused me!"

"Aziraphale... wouldn't... want this..." they wheezed.

"AZIRAPHALE IS DEAD!"

His words echoed into the fires. They bounced back and forth in his mind, giving him a headache. Dead.

Aziraphale is dead.

The world seemed to stop spinning and started crashing down. Crowley choked out another sob, realising just how much truth lay beneath those words. The silence killed him, tearing him apart from the inside.

"... Kill me..." Beelzebub gasped, "...I dare you. Your angel would... never... forgive you..."

Crowley's lip wobbled as his tears spilled. They were right. Aziraphale never would forgive him. He was unforgivable, after all. A demon. Nothing but a low-life demon whom no one loved. He bared his teeth, his eyes blazing with grief, hatred and rage.

"A-Aziraphale is gone! He's gone and he's never coming back, all because of YOU! YOU DID THIS, AND YOU DESERVE TO PAY!"

"And..." Beelzebub began, coughing and spluttering weakly, "...And you don't?"

"I..." Crowley trailed off, "I see what you're doing. Think you can fool me, Princess? Ha. Think again, b-because no one can h-hurt me anymore."

"You are already broken."

His stomach twisted into a knot that hurt. It made him feel sticky and pasty, sweat forming on his brow. He felt cold, however, even if he was standing in a fire.