Mael x dense reader

This was requested by @Jc20-5. Sorry the gif is so small, I tried to see if I could find a better one but I couldn't T^T. Hope you enjoy!

You were from the Goddess Race, and many people called you very dense, though you didn't really know why they did. You were a Lance Corporal that accompanied Mael, one of your closest friends, on missions. The other three Archangels teased him for liking you, though you didn't see that he did. You always thought he had feelings for Elizabeth with how many times he asked her for advice. Eventually, the village the two of you lived in back in the Goddess Realm was cheering him on constantly to ask you out. People he didn't even know would tell him to confess to you. One day, Mael gave you a rose for Valentines Day, which you thanked him for and then took back home. Ludociel practically tried to tell you that his younger brother liked you once, but that resulted with you telling him that you knew already that the two of you were friends. Today was your birthday, and you were planning on making it something small, where you would just invite a few people over. It was early in the afternoon when you had invited them over, given that you had to talk to Mael about the next mission he was going on with you. After your friends left, about ten minutes later, you were surprised with a knock on the door, and were even more surprised to see that Mael was the one knocking. You gladly let him into your home, knowing it was the first time he had ever seen it before. You got some tea started for the two of you to drink and then decided that you would tell him tonight how you felt about him. What you didn't know was that Mael was planning on confessing to you tonight as well.

"Here's the tea, sorry it took so long." you apologized, only for your words to be waved away by the Sun Grace as he spoke. "The next mission we are going on starts next week, leaving us a little under a week to rest and get ready as well as pack our things. It's going to be on the surface, which means that we'll be making our reports to Nerobasta at the Light of Grace. We're going to be working with Gloxinia, the Fairy King, and Drole, the Giant King. Ludociel told me to not comment on the way that Drole looks, considering that he's different from the other giants. Also, please don't ask to touch any of the fairies' wings, that's considered disrespectful to them, and they don't like it." he finished, taking a sip of the Chamomile tea you had made. He hummed appreciatively at the taste. You always did know your way with tea. "Anyways, moving on to lighter topics. I have some news I was hoping to share with you." he said, smiling. You then decided to speak. "I do as well. How about this, we both say our bit of news at the same time." you suggested, causing him to nod. "Ok, on the count of three, we both speak. Ready?" you chimed, causing him to nod once again as the two of you counted down from three to one and then spoke at the same time. "I love you!" you both shouted in unison, looking at each other." Mael's face turned crimson as he hid his face in his hands, your face matching his as you looked at him. Then it all came together in pieces. The flowers he gave you, the chocolates he also gave you, whenever he offered to take over an entire shift for you guarding the Celestial Gate even though you knew he had to be exhausted, everything. "Do you mean it?" you asked, your voice soft and gentle as you spoke. He looked up and nodded his head yes, his face still bright red from telling you. You reached over the table and took his hands into yours, smiling at him. "I feel the same way." you said, getting up from your seat across from him and then wrapping your arms around his shoulders, resting his head against your chest as he looked up at you. He asked if he could stay for the night, and smiled when you said yes. You then invited him to sleep in your room, not minding if he did. After you gave him his pyjamas he left over at your place the last time he had stayed over, you let him change as you went into the bathroom to change, putting on your nightgown. You then got into the bed as he got in with you, holding you close to his chest as the warmth his body gave off practically engulfed you, making you warm and comfortable as you started to drift off. The male waited until you were asleep before tears started running down his face. He finally had someone that loved him as much as he loved them. The male looked down at you, smiling as he took in the sight of your sleeping face as he leaned down and kissed your forehead and then closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep.