" Maeve," Sasha called out. Maeve looked up and made her way over with the empty tray at her side. "You have to bake more," Sasha nodded her head.

"You should come by the kitchen, I'll show you the recipe," Maeve told her. Sasha clasped her hands and smiled. "I'd love that," Sasha smiled.

Connie rushed over to Maeve, leaning his arm on her shoulder. She looked over up at him. "Do you know how to shoot," He asked her.

Maeve nodded, "Jean taught me last time," She looked over towards him. He was hunched over, shooting at the targets. Jean ran his hand over his hair, moving the fallen strands from his face before aiming the gun again.

"You let him teach you? I bet he didn't hit a target not once," Connie snickered. Jean quickly turned his head. "Shut up, idiot," Jean rolled his eyes before focusing again.

"Huh?" Connie looked over. "How did he hear that?" Sasha peaked over. Maeve smiled and shook her head before walking off.

When she made it back to the kitchen, someone was already there. "Who left this mess?" Levi grumbled. Maeve stopped in her tracks as she heard Levi stomping around the kitchen. He wasn't supposed to be back this soon. "Shit," Maeve mumbled behind the door.

She pushed it open and walked in pretending to not have seen Levi. "Not so fast," Levi mumbled. Maeve looked up and forced a smile. "What happened here?" He crossed his hands across his chest. "What mess?" Maeve pretended to be oblivious. But Levi's cold stare sent shivers down her spine.

"Oh, what a mess! Who could've done this?" Maeve gasped as she looked around. Levi rolled his eyes and walked over towards the door, "I want this kitchen spotless in an hour." He said before walking out.

Maeve sighed as she placed the empty trays onto the counter. She begins cleaning up the kitchen and disposing of the burnt pretzels. Once she's finished, she takes the trash bag and carries it outside, dumping it where it belongs.

"Have you," Mikasa didn't get to finish her sentence. Maeve jumped up and held her hand over her chest, startled by Mikasa. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Mikasa apologized.

Maeve mumbled that it was okay. "Have you seen Armin or Eren?" Mikasa asked.

She turned around towards Mikasa and shook her head. "No, I haven't." Maeve clasped her hands together in front of her. Mikasa nodded her head before walking off, leaving Maeve alone again. Maeve walked back into the building and back to the kitchen. It was spotless, not a crumb could be found.

She was proud of it, and Maeve hoped Levi would be impressed with it. But she knew he'd somehow find something wrong with it. Maeve turned off the kitchen lights before stepping out into the hallway.

"Maeve! You're just the woman I need to see." Hange ran up to her. Maeve furrowed her brows and stared at them waiting for what they had to say. "I need your help with something in my office." Hange pulled at Maeve's arm.

She gave in following behind the commander toward their office. Hange, who couldn't contain their excitement opened the door quickly. Revealing the messy office, Maeve's eyes widened. 'How did Levi allow this?' Maeve thought. Maybe he did, it was no surprise that the commander was messy and disorganized.

Hange led her into the office, dragging a chair over for her to sit. "Take a seat," Hange patted the cushion. Maeve nodded and sat down at the chair, Hange walked around the piles of paper and books to make it over to the desk.

"I need your help with this." Hange blew the dust off the paperwork. "What can I do?" Maeve asked she wasn't sure if this was the right job for her to do but if it meant helping out and making herself useful then she was more than happy.