三十三 | 𝟑𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟒] - 𝟑𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑻𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑭𝑨𝑰𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝑶𝑭 𝑨 𝑺𝑳𝑰𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑫𝑶𝑶𝑹 𝑶𝑷𝑬𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑹𝑨𝑵𝑮 𝑶𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑹𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 𝑺𝑰𝑫𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑬𝑨𝑹, your eyes drawing themselves across the blank sheet of paper in front of you. You seated yourself in your assigned seat, letting the cool air of the open window fill the room. Someone's footsteps carried themselves over to your side, their taller figure standing over you.

You tilted your head up at the sight of a familiar grey-haired boy, his lips curving into a smile. "(L/n)-san," he started, staring at you with his softened eyes. His smile was much more light-hearted than you remember it being. You were sure that if you squinted your eyes slightly, you could see the dark aura that once surrounded him dissipating. "Did you find a group to go with for the trip to Kyoto?"

You blinked several times in response, your lips parting themselves as you spaced out for a few minutes. A trip? To Kyoto? You asked yourself, questioning if you had forgotten the date your teacher assigned you such a task. Perhaps you were meant to find a group this week and you had just forgotten about it. Despite your efforts to keep up with the current news of the school, you were surprised to realize you had forgotten about such an important trip. Your entire classroom had been talking about it for weeks now, their constant planning and excitement always bringing some sort of color into the room.

You nervously held out your hand as you smiled, waving at him as you laughed. "The Kyoto trip. . . I haven't really found a group yet."

He let out a soft hum, "I was just wondering if you wanted to join our group then. Our group right now is sort of at the limit our teacher gave us but I'm sure she'll allow us to have an exception."

"You really don't have to," you replied, tucking back your (h/c) hair. You didn't want to burden the grey-haired boy with your presence if he already had a full group. It would take a lot of effort to try and convince your teacher. As much as it was nice of him to offer you a spot, you were unsure how you would act around Tohru's friends. You had declined her invitations for lunch many times to sit by yourself and that thought alone made you wonder if her friends believed you were uninterested in them. Would it be rude of you to accept his offer when he already had enough members? Maybe he was just taking pity on you because you hadn't found a group yet. Perhaps it would be selfish of you to take his request, you were sure that there were countless other people he could have asked.

You pressed your lips together in thought, wondering if this is what you truly wanted. If you were to decline his offer to join his group of friends, you'd have to go on your own and find someone else to join. Although you have doubts about your relationship with Tohru's friends, this might be a good chance for you to improve your socializing skills. You tilted your head up to look at the boy's greyish eyes, your cheeks growing slightly hotter as you nervously parted your lips.

"Sure," you answered, "if it isn't too much of a hassle to have me around." Your eyes flickered over to the other side of the classroom. There was a much shorter blond-haired boy you easily recognized as Momiji, standing in front of Kyo with a plastic file. "If our teacher lets us. . . that is." You cleared your throat slightly, trying to ease the awkwardness of the situation.

He gave you a small chuckle. "Don't worry about it too much. I was the one to ask you to join us after all, I was just thinking it might be a lot better if you came along with us to have some fun."