Chapter Twenty Seven

Matt's POV

I frowned as I shut the door. I ran a hand on my hair and sighed.

She changed. I never wanted to see her like that; with permanent scars trailing on her arm and back. She was the girl who supposed to love the world. She was the girl I first love. She was the girl who wanted rose petals instead of the sight of blood. She was the girl who wanted the piano instead of guns. She was the girl who grew into a beautiful rose in between Jason and I's thorns.

She was the only pure spirit in the three of us. She was our little angel, who we wanted to train to kill some devils.

She was my beautiful and pure diamond... and now, she still is.

But now my diamond's not pure enough to see the reflection and rainbows when you look at her.

It pains me to see her almost everyday with hatred in her eyes. She became the opposite of what she was before. Before, she was this pure magenta color who despised killing but love the people who kill (Me and Jace). But now she's the one who kills, without mercy and with a little tease and thrill.

Trust me, it hurts to see her pull the trigger almost everynight. It pains me to see her stay up for hours just to figure something out. It pained me to leave her inside the cabin, all alone in her pink bed.

But I admit it, she has bloomed into the fine magenta coloured rose I've anticipated since the day she came into our lives.

For fifteen years, I would leave a blue tulip on her doorstep and would wait till dawn to see her get it, only to see her come home by dawn and throw the tulip else where. For fifteen years, through battles, I would quickly knock out my opponent just to fit the slot where I could find her kill another demon.

One day I even followed her in the woods where she threw a spike perfectly in my right leg. It was her first night guarding those boyband.

I went back to my flat that day with a big smile on my face. Proudly saying 'That's my girl' a couple times before lying down in bed to get some sleep.

Sometimes, when I spy on her with that boyband, my heart flutters to see her smile and laugh the way she used to do 16 years before.

It amazes me how those boys could bring of that glowing smile she gave me when we were younger. It's fantastic to see her look at the boys with all the warmth, the way she used to look at Jason and I when we were whole.

But now it hurts to see her scowl whenever she sees me. It hurts to hear all those curses she shoots directly at me. It hurts to feel the hatred radiating off her when she sees me. She loathes me the way I love her as my baby sister.

"Hey," I spoke in the phone. "Don't let her cry, okay?"

"Huh?" the deep voice asked with confusion.

"Just don't let anyone hurt her," I said with a sad smile in my lips. Proud to even think of all the cool skills she developed perfectly.

"Okay?" the voice on the opposite line answered in forms of a question.

"You have to make sure or else I'll be the one hurting you and your silly friends," I made my serious tone.

"Okay, I mean it," he replied with a shaky voice.

"Just make sure," I said before turning the call off.

*

*

*

KIM'S POV

"Give me 5 reasons to like you," I teased Louis. When I came home, he bursted out saying that I should be his girlfriend with a prepared rap which literally tickled me to death.