• Chapter 21 •

*

*

".... then a roaring thunder emerged from the dark blue sky... glitters poured down from the hole created and there landed a beautiful devil with a lonngg golden hair"

"Devil....?!" One of the kids in the orphanage opened her mouth in awe with her wide eyes popped at Maya.

"Yeah! But a big devil doing naughty deeds like you" Maya continued the narrating the story with a cheerful glow as the little kids engrossed in her engaging descriptions and captivating facial expressions.

"....and she won the war against the devil. The queen realized doesn't need a king or any magic tricks. Her inner will power and confidence is enough to rule the world. She believed in her uniqueness. Her strength. That's how she build her empire.."

"Girls! It's prayer hour" Mother entered the room. After greeting them, Maya left to taxi stand.

Her face took of fake smile mask, as she shuffled her feet headed to a particular taxi. After letting the taxiwala know the destination, she leaned against the window, involuntarily drifted back to the disagreement with Deepan.

Yesterday, she couldn't stop herself, raising opinions against him on not forwarding support to Abhi and Rithika. She straightforwardly expressed the thoughts tossed in her. Her in-laws's reaction was obviously negative, though they weren't making fuss about the argument.

She took a glance at the dark grey clouds overlaying the sky, rain down at any minute. Cold wind played with her hair strands. The taxiwala hummed a tune, turning on the radio.

"Rain and love come with full force... Affect everything in the way.. and leave taking everything with it... Feel the present.... Let the rain wash over you... make you whole so you drench in your love's thoughts.... let you melt in lovely rainy evening... this is your RJ Rithwik here..."

Hearing his soothing voice, she recapped yesterday's dispute with her husband.

'Don't try to defend. You were rude Maya.'

His rough remark didn't amuse her. She knew it was kinda rude but it was her way of expressing. She didn't feel guilty or upset for being outspoken. This is how she has initiated conversation with her brother, Harsh or anyone.

She had lot of things in her mind. But she made one thing clear. 

"Urrmm... could you drop me at other location? I will pay the extra charges" she said stopping halfway at way to home.