• Chapter 14 •

*

*

The Police reported...

Our first clue was Confection Connection cafe. As we were informed by the chaos around the cafe, we examined the extremely messed up place.

We contacted the owner Abhi and family. Later, his family complained he was missing. Through the hidden CCTV at backyard, we could identify the criminal Karen and others being kidnapped.

We tracked the location and reached the hideout of him. There, we captured Karen while he tried to attack Rithika. During the hassle, our chief encountered him.

The building was center for organ harvesting. The gang was indulging in this with expired bodies from certain hospitals and
kidnapping people and murdering them.

Everyone was enraged at ruthless crime as well as distraught as innocent souls were killed mercilessly.

Their family were relieved as their kids are safe and sound. Police collected report from each one of them.

Abhi blurt out his encounter with the stabbed man not able to hold on his guilt. The police reported the man is alive and it isn't a deep stab wound. He was revealed as psychopath, long time partner of Karen.

Later, the Police left informing them to arrive for investigation whenever needed.

●●●

"Here's the change.." Maya handed money to the pharmacist receiving a brown cover the medicines prescribed.

Before she could turn, a soft grip on her arm turned her towards him. She recognized him just on his touch.

"Maya.. you were to say something, by the time Police arrived.." Rithwik asked as his tender eyes moved in curiosity.

"Hmmm... can we go outside..." Maya glanced around.

"Yea.."

They strolled out of the hospital. Rithwik sat on the waiting bench and tapped near for her to sit.

"Umm... it's not important..." she started with hesitation.

"Whatever it may. You wanted to share with me nah? So..." He said.

"I can't explain how much grateful I'm feeling right now. I don't know how am I going to repay you with this... Thank you.. Thank you so much Rithwik.."

Rithwik gently wiped her tears and sighed. "You don't need to say this..."

"Why? Why you need help me putting your life at stake? Whom am i to you? What favor did I do to you? You don't even know fully about me... without any judgment, not even a question... you stood by my side..."