• Chapter 13 •

*

*

"Does she know about my brother earlier?" Maya's heart palpitated....

__________________

Maya's sudden question stirred up confusion among them.... Rithika's terrified face, frantic screams mentioning him as killer crossed their mind...

When Abhi realized....

"WHERE IS SHE?"

"RITHIKAAAA" Rithwik shouted at top of his lungs. Her name echoed throughout the gloomy deserted woods. Absolute silence around gave answer she isn't there....

They roamed aimlessly looking out for her. Each second passed by, added anxiousness and terror among them...

Meanwhile...

Rithika was clasping her mouth firmly, crying sitting in the corner of the devastated small hut... she trembled what's the man before her, has in plans for her...

Rithika's POV

Streams of tears was flowed faster than my heartbeat, I was cursing myself for running away from them. Now I'm sitting helplessly....

Frustrated after Rithwik's revelation, I ran away from there far without acknowledging the trouble I'm gonna land into...

The mysterious card man stood before me... Clutching my chest I ran across the large trees... Hearing his strong footsteps crushing the dried leaves on the land, I figured out he couldn't pace up to my speed... However that wasn't helping me...

My sipplers slided on the rock, I fell down with a loud thud... I couldn't get up... my arm must have been injured... I didn't have time to feel my injury... He was few steps away from me...

The only hope I saw was the nearby gloomy hut... I pulled up myself into but the door didn't have a lock or anything I could stop that man from entering...

As expected, he barged in breathing heavily...

I curled up in the corner of the devastated place... his face was expressionless, stern staring at me... In an blink, I was for a surprise...

A card was near my foot which the man threw towards me... Eyeing him, I picked up the card shivering...

6 May

It was mentioned... with the same dark red ink... what's with this day? What he tries to convey from this? Questions kept throwing in my mind... And...

Once I realized, I froze completely... that was 4 years ago.... May..... I met with a fatal accident... and was in coma for two weeks after that... I had a short memory loss of the preceding 3 months... but.... what's the connection with this man?