• Chapter 16 •

*

*

Abhi let a loud laughter at the way she gape at his unexpected move. Her eyes frowned gazing down her drenched shirt and jeans.

"Several years after, I have taken my revenge on you" He raised his eyebrow with pride."Remember?"

They exchanged glances reliving the monsoon months of their schooling days. The huge, thick trees greeting all along the long road, they would pace towards school with their colorful umbrellas rubbed each other.

Rithika won't leave chance to drench Abhi by pulling the wet branches. He would cry at times seeing his wet glasses, scared about his mother taunts. Even Abhi has succeeded in his attempts. Jumping and playing on the stagnated water, pulling each other's leg... the memories are evergreen in their hearts.

"How will I forget? We would pray before the tv from morning to hear the word holiday... and ma's hot snacks" Rithika licked her lips.

"Still a slave to the taste of the snacks! Our video games, secretly playing with the rain water... Paper boats... Those days were bliss..."

"Hope highness didn't forget the beatings we received after getting caught wet and misery of cold and cough!" Rithika sneered at him.

"Not at all! Even though worst, those are golden memories and I miss those times..." Abhi smiled.

"Hmmm... I too miss one thing right now.."

"What is it?"

"Your stupid glasses! Four-eyed topper Abhi" She giggled recalling his nickname at school.

"And you! Dubba rowdy, canteen thief-"

"Hello!? Those aren't my nickname ok!?" She pointed her index finger at his face.

"THAT'S MY NAME FOR YOU! Got it!" His finger encircled her finger firmly.

"Right..." She was waiting for him to come close to her to excute her plan. At once, she pulled the branch of the tree, her heels slipped on the sloppy mud.

"Woaaaa..." His arms securely held her waist before she could trip down, while other hand intertwined her palm. Their hearts fluttered on each one's touch. His eyes got helplessly trapped into enchanting eyes of hers. Her cheeks-nose blossomed to pale pink on his heating gaze.

"Aaaachooooo"

She yanked his shoulders almost hugging him hearing loud sneeze. A man of 50's who was reason for the sound darted glances looking at them.

"This generation kids.. road side romance has been a common sight..." he mumbled away.

"Sorry..." she whispered moving from him.

She pulled the sling bag to shoulder, combing the wet hair strands behind her ears, where he couldn't lift his eyes from the sight.

"It's time for the bus..." she uttered fiddling bag's strap.