• Chapter 9 •

*

*

"And many heartbreaks..."

_____________

"One of the heartbreak is that, I would be a great assistant chef and totally messed up in the competition" Rithika chuckled.

"Hahahaha! You were so confident to learn cooking within a week! That was most stupidest thing" Rithwik laughed.

"She and Bala were making blunders in kitchen in the name of cooking! That rubber pudding! Haahaaaha!" Abhi laughed out loud hitting Rithika's arm.

Rithika gritted her teeth seeing their hysterical laugh.

"Hello.. I did my best... umm.. I felt so bad for messing up your dish which was to win" she mumbled.

"I've said before.. it's not a big deal.. haha... I had a tough time convincing you than trying to make the dish better before the allotted time... u just whined like a child" Abhi giggled.

"What actually happened that day.." Maya blinked in curiosity.

"Actually, Abhi participated in a cooking competition and Rithika accompanied him, putting out her all adamant tactics.... later at the competition.."

Back to past

"Sorry... I thought I needed to add less flour but accidentally added more.. I ruined it.." she lamented sniffing.

"I said you to be careful before doing.. check once or twice before adding... now..." tensed Abhi was looking at the batter where the ingredients weren't in right proportion.

He scratched his head and took out new bowl and began starting over. Rithika behind him was feeling guilty. She hopelessly looked the other participants almost finished the preparation. He was breaking his head on what to do next.

"I'm sorry... i messed up it totally.. I shouldn't have made upto here" she began weeping.

"Tch..." Abhi moved to her.

"Rithika.. please don't cry for this.. it's just a competition.. it's no big deal.. don't cry" Abhi wiped her warm tears.

"But everyone... everyone have done.. something.." she stammered while sniffing.

"Look.. we are not gonna get ticket to Mars by winning... Its ok to fail.. that's ok.. please.. even if i fail I can't see you cry. For me, you shouldn't even be upset." He stressed in a serious tone.

She faced at him and stopped crying. His frowned brows turned tender as he patted her shoulders.

"It's ok.. we will try our best in this 15 minutes.." he calmly said.

He began focusing the table on preparations. Her welled up eyes just stared at him.

Time gets out. He couldn't complete with his cake and let it go. Later the winners were announced. Abhi takes it sportive and claps. Rithika couldn't accept holding her as guilty. She felt he deserves to win.