I like to take my dates home

Start from the beginning

Don't mess this up.

That had been the terms of their deal.

Seahawk had a grim look, which was odd because the guy was almost always fooling around. All the time with Mermista had paid off and he had gained some sensibility. She adored his passion for adventure, but even he understood not all adventures were good.

Some were for fun, or for exploring.

But for others the goal was simply to survive, and the consequences of failing are worse than dying.

They truged along, into the thick of the woods. Catra picked up some familiar scents, and she tried to keep herself calm. Whenever Melog's color began to shift she knew she was nervous again. She could be brave, she needed to be brave. How was she supposed to convince the others they could do this if she couldn't convince herself?

"It should be somewhere in this area." Bow said. The machine had began to beep, and Catra saw the familiar white stone through the messy trees.

"We're here." She said. The others peered through the woods, and she took a deep breath.
"Lets get to the door."

It opened much like it had the first time. Igniting the forest in a blinding blue light before the large stone doors slid open, shaking the ground. She heard a gasp from Castaspella.

It's not going to be so nice once we're inside.

Melog began to hiss, and for the first time in a while Catra had to calm her pet down.

"I know," she whispered, petting the cat, "it's going to be okay, we are all going to be fine. Angella too. All of us are coming out of here."

She couldn't have been more wrong.

Adora woke to an empty bed. Catra was always beside here, but not now. Her girlfriend was out risking her life, while Adora slept in. It was so unfair. Catra hadn't even talked it over with her, how dare she bring it up in a meeting like that?

Adora had tried to stop her, she pleaded, begged Catra to take her along.

"I resisted it the first time, remember? When you found me I was fine!"

"But we don't know why Adora, that could have been some odd coincidence!"

"As long as I'm with you I'll be fine, I know it!"

"Adora, no!" Catra huffed, collapsing onto the bed.
"I can't have you distracting me again. You have no idea how hard it was, Adora. I had to choose between saving you, Hordak, and Entrapta. I can't do that again."

"You won't have to-"

"You don't know that! What if it comes down to you and Micah? Or you and Bow?"

"You save them!"

"I know! And that's why I can't take you, Adora. Because you won't let me pick you, you won't let me save you until every one else is safe. And I can't do that, not again." Catra was crying, clearly she had been thinking about this. Adora sighed, sitting next to her on the bed and wrapping he rin a hug.

"When you get back," she spoke softly, "we're going to go on a date, just the two of us."

"Hmmm,"

"You should be aware though,"

"Why?"

"I like to take my dates home." Adora said with a grin. Catra laughed, leaning her head on the blonde's shoulder.

"I love you." Catra whispered.

"I love you too."

I like to leave big spaces because it builds tension hahahahahaha,

Sorry this update took so long I got a commission on another book.

But I'm honestly invested in this so like we are still going strong all right?