𝟯𝟭 his second act

CHAPTER THIRTY ONEhis second act

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
his second act

CONNOR
( CAMP HALF BLOOD )

January had quickly faded, though inside the borders and barrier of Camp Half Blood, the seasons changing were almost unnoticeable. Yet, slowly the snow faded over the ground until the heaps of snow piles that caused him to go over to his mother's apartment every weekend and help her dig her car out of the white blanket it had been covered under turned to small dustings, littering trees and the ground like a small glimmer, barely noticeable if at all. February bought a heap of snow once again, but Apollo's sun came up the next morning bright and extra shiny, and it seemed to melt it all to the ground (in New York at least — he couldn't say the for Boston, or gods forbid, Canada).

With February came the fourteenth — Valentine's day. And unlike every year, this year Valentine's day did not include Travis and Connor playing a series of schemes that included hiding every single Valentine's related decoration in the Aphrodite cabin until each and every member went absolutely insane wondering who kept taking them down (though they did do a scaled down version of it that drove Catarina Leth, in particular, insane with annoyance until she had threatened to expel them to the other side of New York). However, the change in Valentine's day this year came with the progression of Travis and Katie's relationship. Though the two had toned down the public displays of affection that gave Connor the incessant and constant need to throw up (especially when they played tonsil hockey right in front of him, for some reason), and had loved diligently on from the honeymoon phase, even having their first fight (Connor had a good laugh at that when Travis wasn't looking) and their first make up (once again, tonsil hockey), Travis was still very much in love and determined to make Valentine's day with the daughter of Demeter very, very memorable.

Which is how they and Verona ended up in Manhattan two days before Valentine's, their hands stuffed in their faces freezing as they walked between the herds of people on their lunch breaks from their mediocre, low paying and happiness sucking nine to five jobs.

Travis was walking at a fast pace (too fast, in Connor's book). He had a hat placed idly over his head to protect his ears from the cold, though he certainly didn't look it. Connor and Verona on the other hand, very much did. The problem was, the almost nineteen year old had awoken both his brother and the daughter of Aphrodite as the sun had risen over the hill, telling them he had gotten permission from Chiron to take them somewhere. When he had said permission, Connor had in no way thought he meant freezing in the lifeless, breath taking cold of New York. So, naturally, now the two were gracefully freezing their asses off so Travis could be a romantic.

Great

He wasn't making it easy, either. He had no idea what he wanted to get for Katie, and his mind was all over the place like a nervous, flitting butterfly.