𝟮𝟭 verona, vindicated

CHAPTER TWENTY ONEverona, vindicated

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
verona, vindicated

——— VERONA!
( NEW YORK, EARLY JUNE )

THE MORNING CONNOR and she were supposed to leave, Catarina had accidentally set the Aphrodite cabin on fire. She had been using her curling iron, plugged into the wall when Hart had called her over to help her choose an outfit for the day, and she had left the iron on. Verona had woken up to the sounds of her siblings screaming and quickly found that Catarina's iron had started a fire at her dressing table, and being the smart cookie she was, she had picked up the flaming iron and thrown into straight into the air, to where it had scorched the ceiling of Cabin Ten.

It was a wonder any of them let Catarina around flaming arrows, much less hair irons.

Normally (and she said it, as if this was a normal occurrence in the Aphrodite cabin), if Percy had been around Camp at a time like this, it would have been golden. But unfortunately, he hadn't been, currently stuck in the Labyrinth running in circles and trying to navigate his way out probably with Annabeth, Tyson and Grover. So, that had left Silena to run over and get Chiron, who had bought along a fire extinguisher, thinking of no other way to get rid of the fire at that time of morning. He had put out the flames, but it had left Hart's closet, which had been opened, destroyed, along with some of their furniture Catarina had set fire to.

So, Connor and Verona's departure time had been set back to the evening. Fortunately, Travis had Iris messaged his and Connor's mother, who had quickly assured him apparently that it was raining heavily in New York anyways, and she preferred to leave once the rain subsided in the afternoon.

So, after a series of arguments with Catarina about why she wasn't allowed near any objects with heat anymore without supervision, and letting Hart borrow a few tops from her as they were the same size essentially, she had packed up the last of what she would need for the (hopefully) few days she was staying with Connor's mother, which had included a few more toned down outfits because Chiron had told them they'd be attending summer school, as the demigod in question was going there too, and a large batch of ambrosia and nectar, because Verona was sure wherever Connor and her went, trouble seemed to follow (cue: Colchis bull), she had left the Camp and headed down Half Blood Hill towards Farm Road 3.141 with Connor, who had less packed considering some of his stuff he had left behind at his mother's, and Travis, who seemed to be happily chatting about the fact that Katie had accepted his offer to take her out on a date.

"...But there isn't much to do around Camp, so I don't know where I should take her...Where do you think I should take her?"