Chapter Thirty-six

(Slight ⚠️TW⚠️)

"What was that all about?" Newt asks as I sit back down at our table.

"She just needed something," I say. Newt nods. Minho and Ren both come and take a seat at our table.

"Morning, Princess," Minho says.

"Mornin, frog," I reply with a chuckle. Minho looks over at me confused. "The Princess and the frog?" I say. Minho smirks.

"Does that mean you have to kiss me?" he adds as a blush creeps onto Newt's face.

"In your dreams, Mean-Ho," I hiss.

"Rejection is a bitch," Ren laughs.

"Oh shut it, we all know you probably asked out Eve and she rejected you too," Minho says cockily. Now Ren was blushing, and blushing hard.

"Actually that never happened," I inform Minho, whose smile fades from his face.

"Anyway, today you'll be training in each of the glade's jobs. I'll be following you around the whole day like Newt did with me. I guess being a girl on your first real day here, you'll need someone to shut up the cat calls that come from the boys," I say with a smile.

"Sounds good," Nova says back, nervously. I guess she might be worried that she won't fit into any of the jobs here, I know I was when I first got here. I hope she will find her place.

I see her nervousness and mumble, "don't worry, it'll be fun. And I'll be there to throw some of the attention off of you while you work."

Her face lit up a little and she says back, "thanks."

Ren and Newt both get up to go and grab out breakfast. They come back with five trays and set one down for each of us.

"Great, I'm starving," Nova says as she begins to shovel food into her mouth. I chuckle at this and lift my attention to the other boys, who were peacefully eating.

I looked down at my plate and say cereal with milk and some chocolate, as well as bacon. I stare nervously at the food and Newt takes notice.

"What's wrong, Eve?" Newt asks, concerned.

"Oh, nothing it's just erm-the food...," I trailed off as Newt begin realizing.

"Oh I'm sorry, do you want me to go and get you something else? I'm sure Frypan probably has some fruit set aside for you," Newt says, sorry that he forgot about my calorie issue.

"No, that's fine. I'm not really hungry anyway," I say. Both Minho and Ren look up at me, quizzically.

"You say that a lot," Ren notices.

"Come on, Eve. Let's go get you something else to eat," Newt says standing up and pulling my arm.

"No, Newt. I'm really not hungry. I'll eat at lunch. You'll be there so you'll see," I tell him. Newt hesitantly nods and sits back down. Minho, Ren, and him exchange looks.

"Are you allergic to the food he gave you or something, Eve?" Thomas asked curiously. I could feel Nova's eyes on my as well.

"Lactose interolerance," I lie. Thomas nods.

They all finish their breakfast and then Nova and went to the bloodhouse. I open the door and walk in. I haven't been in here since the instance with Winston.

It reaked of blood just like it had since the first time I'd been here. "Don't worry, you'll get used to the smell," a familiar voice says just like Winston used to. It was Zach. One of they guys who was planning on doing something to me before Alby stopped him.