Chapter Five

"Time for the bonfire, Greenie. Let's get you washed up. Tonight, your the guest of honor. Can't have you smelling like a dirty Shank for the party now can we?" Newt said with a smile. I nodded as he lead me to the showers. "Here," he said handing me a towel and a fresh set of clothes. I looked at him with a confused expression.

"These are some of my clothes, the box hasn't sent you up any yet, so I thought I'd let you borrow mine," Newt said with a hint of pink growing on his face. I smiled and thanked Newt for the clothes, not reading too much into it.

"I'll wait out here and make sure none of these hormonal boys try to join you in the shower," Newt said with a chuckle. I nodded and turned on the water. I was surprised in general that they had running water here, since most everything looked to be self-made.

I stepped into the cold shower wetting my hair. It felt nice to wash the day off of me. I hated being dirty. However, I couldn't say the same for most of the other gladers as they reaked because of their lack of hygiene.

After a few minutes of getting myself cleaned up, I dried off and slipped into Newts clothing. It was awfully big on me but, still, it was quite comfortable.

I stepped out of the bathroom to find Newt sitting against a tree across from the door. He looked up and I saw a grin on his face that spread ear to ear, though he tried so hard not to show it. My wet hair still dripping on his shirt that I was wearing. I then realized the cause of that grin.

"They look better on you," he says, quickly standing up. He grabbed my hand and walked me to the bonfire. The sun had just set and all of the boys were circled around a large pile of wood, cheering and holding torches.

Alby lit his and then spread his flame to the others. They let out one final cheer as they all threw their torches into a pile in the middle, causing a large bonfire to summon. I smiled at this, it looked fun. Maybe living in the maze wouldn't be as bad as I had thought.

(Sorry this chapter is so short, I had school work to do. Also should I make a chapter from Newts Point of Veiw? Lmk.)