Chapter Eleven

(⚠️TW⚠️)

"I'm Winston," the boy says, moving closer to me. I try to back up some more but I was backed up against a tree. Winston notices this and doesn't hesitate to kiss me, his lips pushing hard against mine.

"Get off me!" I yell, trying to push him away, but it was no use, he was too strong. He ignored me and continued kissing me. Then I felt his hands at my waist, as he slid them up to the hem of my pants.

I quickly knee him in the balls and run as fast as I can out of the deadheads, tears streaming down my face. To my surprise, Winston did not follow. And for that, I was thankful. I quickly ran to Minho's hut needing to be alone. Minho was in the maze currently, so I knew he wouldn't be there. I wiped away my tears so no one could notice me crying.

After a few minutes of getting myself together, I left Minho's hut and returned to the gardens. I didn't want Newt to worry so I decided not to tell him. I'll ignore it now and deal with Winston on my own time.

Hours pass and the sun is beginning to set as the gladers gather for dinner. Minho was back from the maze and so I decided I wanted to sit with him for dinner. But to my surprise, Winston had beat me to it. He was sitting with Newt and Minho so I decided to skip dinner and head for the showers.

After my shower I headed to Minho's hut when Newt stopped me. "Hey, I didn't see you at dinner. Everything okay?" Newt asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I just wasn't that hungry," I lied. I could tell that Newt knew this was a lie too but chose to ignore it.

"Appearently, the box is coming up early tomorrow to bring you up some clothes and some more supplies for the gladers," Newt said pleased. I nodded and went to bed early.

When I woke, I had noticed that Minho wasn't beside me like the morning before. I had also woken up later in the day so I assumed he must be in the maze already. I got up and headed to find Newt to see what job I would be doing today.

"Morning, Eve," Newt said as I turned around to face him.

"Oh, hey," I said with a smile.

"Let's get some breakfast and then you'll start your training for today," Newt said, as we grabbed our food from Frypan. This morning it was eggs and bacon, and I was pleased. Newt and I both sat down at our picnic table and begin to eat.

"So what'll I be training as today?" I ask taking a bite of my bacon. Newt looks up.

"Don't get too exited, today, your working in the bloodhouse to be a slicer," Newt said, grimacing.

"Oh, I don't know if I'll be any good at that," I say honestly. Newt nods and continues eating.

"Alby gave me the day off so that I could come and supervise your training, since you'll be working with knifes and well," Newt pauses, "your new and the first girl at that. Alby just doesn't know if he can fully trust you yet." I nod, finishing the last few bites of my food.

"Are you training me?" I ask. Newt let's out a laugh.

"No, I bloody suck at being a slicer. Winston, the keeper of the Slicers will be training you," Newt says with a smile as I feel my stomach flip.

Oh no, Winston. Holy shuck. What if Newt finds out about what happened? What if it happens again today?

I looked over at Newt who had seen the terrified expression that I quickly wiped off my face. He looked at me concerned.

"What's wrong?" he asked frowning. I didn't respond. "You can tell me, you know. I won't tell anyone," Newt says grabbing hold of my hand from across the table.

"It's-nothing," I replied, a short stutter in my breath. "We should get going," I tell Newt, trying to change the subject. He nods and we both stand up, walking towards the bloodhouse. That's when I realized that Newt and I were still holding hands, our fingers interlocked.

I breifly pulled away and asked, "when is the box coming up?" Newt turned to me as we stood outside of the bloodhouse.

"Sometime this evening," he said walking in. I followed.

As soon as I walked in I could smell the strong stench of blood as I began breathing through my mouth.

"You'll get used to the smell," a voice says from behind me. It was Winston. He had the same deviant smirk across his lips that he had yesterday. Though he was disappointed to see Newt beside me as we walked in. His smirk quickly faded.