Chapter Two

Suddenly, she feels a hand brush against her back and a pair of strong hands grab her waist as she is tackled to the ground, falling on her face. She quickly flips over and stands up, rubbing the back of her neck in confusion. She turns to see who her attacker was. Five boys stand before her: the one with the dark skin, a shorter dirty blonde haired boy with a smirk slipping across his face, a taller boy with little hair and the strangest eyebrows she had ever seen and a few others. She looked around her to see that she was only feet away from the exit. She turns to it as two sets of hands grab her arms from behind.

          "Don't worry, Green Bean. We're not going to hurt you," says the blonde boy looking into her eyes. He looks sencier, but she doesn't know if she can trust him. She tries to pull back, out of the boys grasp, but fails. They grab her tighter.

          "I'm Newt," the blonde boy starts, "this is Alby, and that over there," he points to the boy with the strange eyebrows, "that's Gally." Newt trys to read her face, scan her for any emotion. She clenches her jaw and bites down hard on her tongue.

          "Welcome to the glade, Greenie. What do you remember?" says the darker skinned boy, Alby. She tried hard to think. What do I remember? She says in her head, deep in thought. Her face filled with panic.

          "WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER ANYTHING?!" she yells trembling. They all look at her, unamused by this answer.

          Alby walks over and puts a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry," he says, "it happens to all of us. Your name should come back to you in a couple of days. That's the one thing they let us keep." Alby stared off into the distance at the exit, then back at her.

          In the blink of an eye, the exist starts to disappear as the giant ivy covered stone walls begin to close, letting out a gust of wind and an ear-splitting screech. She looks at the walls were the exit once was,, startled. Gally steps forward with an angry look on his face.

          "Next time," he pauses, "I'm going to let you leave." Gally turns around and starts walking off into what looks like a small patch of trees. He must have been the one who tackled her. The boys stare at her, watching the look of disbelief in her eyes.

          Alby motions the boys in the opposite direction of the exit. They pull her arms tightly and walked her to what looked like a makeshift jail cell. They pushed her in, shutting the wooden bars behind her. She looks up at Newt as if to plead to let her out. He doesn't seem affected by this but he walks closer and leans down next to her, the bars between them.

          "Just until you've calmed down, Shank. I'll be back soon, so slim it and get some bloody rest," he says. She looked confused at this Newts use of vocabulary but her sleep deprivation had crept up on her. She soon fell fast asleep.