Epilogue (extended)

Start from the beginning

Sighing, I turn off my computer placing the baby down on her feet making her pout.

"Come on now, bunny rabbit." I give her an eye. "Give me a minute. Why don't you arrange your toys?" I ask.

"Oouuutaaay." She sing songs, walking toward the centre of the office room and begins putting the toys she had scattered around in the stroller like basket while I finished putting an exact date to the meeting regarding a new deal and sending Irina the email.

"Come along, Little rabbit." I called for Annalisa making my way toward the door of the office room.

Ignoring the fact that she is leaving her counting blocks scattered about on top of my desk and her toy basket on the floor and running, toward me.

But then again, it's been like that for a while.

I pick her up, setting her on my arm and kiss her little button nose.

Annalisa giggles merrily before resting her head on my shoulder. Still smiling. Still so very heavy will sleep but so full of energy at the same time.

Sometimes I can't just bring myself to tell her anything.

Nothing at all. I can't especially bring myself to tell her no. The word just won't leave my mouth. Everytime, I would try to say no to her, the image of her big eyes shining with tears and rosebud mouth quivering, ready to cry, would wedge it's way into my head.

And I could possibly endure anything and everything except, Annalisa's quiet tears. My baby girl didn't sob or wail or throw fits like most other kids. Neither would she have mean tantrum episodes like her brother.

She silently shed tears and hid whenever's anybody asked what's wrong. It broke my heart. And so I did everything in my power to make sure she never had to ahead a tear. Not even a drop.

The fact leaves me confused more than often because I fail to find a logical reasoning behind my behavior toward my daughter. I just want to protect my girl. Save her. Keep her safe.

Give her whatever she wants so she doesn't venture about places. I just want to keep her in a safe heaven.

"There you are." I say stepping out of the office room making sure I lock the door from the unwanted intruders that prowl the hallways and make our way downstairs and into the kitchen.

I pour Annalisa a cup of water and watch her take generous sips of her drink all the while looking at the arranged sugar cookie jar, longingly. Before my baby little girl can ask for one, I hand her a cookie and watch her face light up with happiness.

"Ou, Grazié, papa!" Anna squeaks taking a nibble of the snack. "I wove cookiee!"

With a kiss on her head, I pick her up once again from the counter where she was seated on.

"You want to go see mamá?" I ask.

Anna nods while taking another bite of her cookie. Her eyes shining.

"Wan see mama." Annalisa giggles rubbing her nose on my stubble. "Tickle tickle. Tickly!"

I laugh, shaking my head as I carry baby Annalisa up through the stairs and into her mama's room.

I was yet to locate Icarus and Arius. I had no idea if they were outside or in their room, playing games. However the empty plates on the kitchen counter did tell me that they ate their breakfast and drank the glass of juice.

The housekeeper had arrived early in the morning to clean the house and make breakfast for the kids, arrange lunch before taking her leave just before I walked into my study.