𝙺𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊 𝙺𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒: 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍 𝟿

Requested by: No one

Type: Fluff - Slight Angst; Songfic; shy!reader
Warnings: None

*All lyrics belong to Beach Bunny's song Cloud 9*

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

I don't wanna seem the way i do
But i'm confident when i'm with you

the loud chatter of children filled the classroom where your quiet body sat next to your only friend. best friend to be exact. you looked around the new environment, not enjoying the way kids would throw things afinidad, nearly hitting your head.
"is something bothering you y/n?" kenya asked, putting his book down as your eyes darted around the room.
"o-oh it's n-nothing. just nervous for the new school year heh..." you quietly stuttered. your fingers twiddled with each other nervously, trying to ease your growing anxiety.
"im nervous too but it's ok cause we have each other right?" he smiled at you, marking his page before closing the book. your cheeks blossomed into a rosy shade as the sight his smile eased your negative thoughts.
"yea w-we have each other." you confidently grinned, finding it strange how he could have this type of effect on you.

Lately all i feel is bad and bruised
Tired of tripping on my shoes

lazily tying your shoes, you crumbled up the random letter a kid left at your desk. the trash can was filled with other junk, including multiple letters stating 'how are you friends with kenya? he needs to hang with people more pretty' or 'a shy weirdo like you doesn't deserve friends'.
"what's in your hand y/n?" a voice asked from above you. turning your attention away from the trouble-some strings, you look upwards and see kenya staring back at you.
"O-oh! it's- uh... nothing, j-just a piece of trash i found by my desk." you suspiciously stated as your eyes looked back at the ground. picking yourself up, you turned towards the trash can and walked towards it.
well.. that was supposed to happen, but instead you ended up stepping on your own shoe lace that you didn't finish tying. gravity did its job and pulled you downward, closing your eyes you prepared yourself for the pain.
"huh?" you questioned. instead of being met with a face-full of concerete, you were pulled back and met a soft surface. a hand reached out from behind you, taking the note from your hand.
"y/n how long have you gotten these notes?" kenya asked, turning your body towards his.
"u-uh it doesn't really m-matter! they're just silly notes anyways.." you muttered, peering down at the now interesting sidewalk.
"i'll make sure you don't get anymore of these."

But when he loves me
I feel like I'm floating

the light pink cherry blossoms fluttered down from the sky onto the clean school grounds.
you walked silently by yourself as the refreshing spring air gave everyone a happier mindset, unlike you at the moment. waking alone wasn't unusual for you, but not having kenya by your side at school left a grim feeling in your body.
what if he doesn't want to be friends anymore?
i knew this would eventually happen..
why did i have to go and develo-